Site Sponsors

Thread: softproofing orig. and edit simultaneously

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

softproofing orig. and edit simultaneously

I know I saw that before, but I forgot where.

Someone, I think it was Jeff Schewe, had a way to use 2 versions of the same picture so that he had them both on the screen, whereby one version was showing a softproof and the other not. He could even scroll in one window over the picture and the other moved in sync.

The reason for that was simple.

You adjust your picture to your likes, then you do a softproof of paper xyz, and well, it looses some punch that you just managed to like. This way he could adjust his layers until the softproof came to the level of his original.

Now, I can not remember whether he did that in Photoshop or something else. Anyone around knows how that worked? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: softproofing orig. and edit simultaneously

Edit your image to desired look. Then create a duplicate of that image, then arrange them so they're side-by-side, then soft proof one and make your edits on it to match the original.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Jack,

yeah that is no prob, I just can not figure how to have it setup that I can move both pictures simultaneously, zoom into one, the other zooms as well in the same position, and so on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
    I just can not figure how to have it setup that I can move both pictures simultaneously, zoom into one, the other zooms as well in the same position, and so on.
    Zoom and set position of the first image then go to menu "window" -> same zoom / same position.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I can get close to what your asking, but can't make both windows zoom in unison in real time.

To match the scroll/zoom between several different copies first select the little icon that shows divided workspace window (beneath the menu bar.) Scroll down and select "float all in windows," then go back to that same icon and select "match zoom and location." When you do, all the windows you have open and floating snap to the same location and magnification. If you change the zoom or scroll area, you must go back to that menu and select "match zoom and location" again.

This is PS CS4. There might be a way for all the windows to adjust simultaneously and in real time, but I can't seem to figure out how it might be done.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

In addition to match zoom and location, you have to check the little box in the upper LH corner of the toolbar that says "Scroll All windows" when the hand is active.

Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tim, I can find that icon or do not knwo what exactly you mean, I am on CS3

Jack, yeah I activated this, but when I press command + after wards the entire fliipin window gets bigger not the picture inside alone. LOL

Yeah like Tim said, once I changed from window to the other, it looks as if the "match zoom and location" has been lost, and I need to click on it again. DOH LOL