The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with Helicon Focus

Don Libby

I've followed the instructions and have attempted to register on line using the key given and continue to get the same error message "Your registration key is incorrect or damaged. Please try to register the program once more.". I've also attempted to resister several times offline and keep getting the very same message.

Very frustrating. Has anyone here run into the same problem? I've sent an email inquiry to support however no telling how long before I get a response.

HELP!!!

Don

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Hey,

coincidently, this minute I did the very same, I got the offer for 210 bucks for the x64 version, purchased it, got an email with the activation code, then installed it, copy/paste, and it was activated.

Did you download the latest version first?

Did you use the key they send per email?

When you started the program, did it say, try... or offer you to enter your code as well? That's where I copied the acitvation code. In the startup screen

Don Libby

I downloaded the program, opened the entered the activation key (after pressing registration button). It loads the key then says to restart which I do/did. The program attempts to start then the dreaded error message pops up, I hit the ok button the message disappears and the program opens with the message telling me I have 30 days to register/pay.

I've deleted the program, reinstalled and re-entered the key both online and offline to no avail I keep getting the same message.:angry::banghead::cussing::wtf:

Now I'm forced to sit and wait till CS opens my email and helps me out.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Yeah, strange, looks like a corrupted key.

You could use it in demo mode until you get a feedback. There is also a phone number on their website, may be that's a qicker way.

I did not use their registration online/offline menu at all Don. May be you should try that too?

When I started it, Version 4.1 (1501), it basically allowed me to start it in Demo mode for 30 days, and at the same time presented a register button and a field where to copy the code into. It was there where I pasted the code into, and that worked.

I did NOT need to restart... But hold on, I am on Mac, may be you are on PC and that is different there could pretty well be the case.

Don Libby

Thanks Georg. I'm on a PC. Yeah I can use it in demo mode but after paying the money it just sucks.

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don:

Dannylo (owner of Helicon) is really easy to deal with -- send him an email and he will get you sorted ASAP. Note he's somewhere in Russia, so consider the time delays when waiting for a service response.

Jack

Don Libby

Thanks Jack - I'm in a holding pattern now waiting for a response. I think the key is corupt.

Don

Don Libby

Don,

I was just wondering if the problem lies with some firewall or anti-virus program blocking the activation.
I had thought about this and made an attempt w/o firewall or anti-virus with no luck, kept getting same message. Problem is somewhere else.

Don

Don Libby

Just received the following email from Stas Yatsenko, Helicon Help Desk

"Don, This is a bug in our program and we are now doing our best to fix it. I hope we will have fixed version in a day or two. In the meantime you can install some older version which should not have this bug.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, like I said, Dannylo is very responsive and I would not worry -- he'll get it sorted ASAP.

woodyspedden

I've followed the instructions and have attempted to register on line using the key given and continue to get the same error message "Your registration key is incorrect or damaged. Please try to register the program once more.". I've also attempted to resister several times offline and keep getting the very same message.

Very frustrating. Has anyone here run into the same problem? I've sent an email inquiry to support however no telling how long before I get a response.

HELP!!!

Don

Don

I just bought the latest version yesterday and it took me five or six tries to register and activate but it did finally go through. You might want to try the same approach.

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Woody,

Don is on a PC, so this is just the penance he has to pay. Our Macs of course can figure out the problem on their own after a few tries and just make it work.

:D

Don Libby

Too funny! Lets see, I just hit the update button on C1 load it in and keep going, no need to delete and reinstall like I've read with Mac's.

Here's a big secret - I used a Mac till 2005 when I made the switch over to a PC.

Go figure

Don

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Here's a big secret - I used a Mac till 2005 when I made the switch over to a PC.
Must be that extra vertical height - either you can see further into the future than the rest and have made the right move, or the air is a little thin up there! :)

(This coming from one still on a PC)

Don Libby

Update:​

Here's the long and short of it (just couldn't help myself I just had to add the phrase)

I loaded an earlier version 4.76 without any problems what so ever. I made sure I deleted the old new version from yesterday before loading this one. Open right up and is registered to me. Sweet - now I can work and play getting used to it and wait for the bugs to be fixed in the newer version.

Don

Don Libby

Very interesting news...

As noted earlier I loaded 4.76 which installed and works perfectly. Remembering the email telling me of the bug in 4.8 I decided to run a test. I loaded 4.8. It works!

So anyone who is on a PC you might want to do the same. Load 4.76 first, register it then 4.8.

Not sure if this bug is only related to 64bit or not but that's the machines I work on.

Very happy now.

Don