Site Sponsors

Thread: Help with C1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Help with C1

Kudos to Doug Peterson for being so patient and doing a great job teaching the basics of Capture 1. Unfortunately, now that I'm home I realize that we never made it to the "process" part of the program.

I used the default process recipe and it created a tiff for me but what I really want to have are different recipes for different outputs (tiffs for CS4, jpegs for the web). I started to change the settings on process pane but it seemed to be making changes to the thumbnails below so I don't want to muck things up until I know how to do it correctly. Is there a way to make and name recipes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Help with C1

Click the Gear tab for the process menu. In default, the first menu item is the recipe dialog. Set all of your preferred parameters for the recipe at hand, then click the little triangle on the top right of the recipe dialog and one of the options in that dropdown is "Save Recipe" -- click that, give it a name, and you done.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jack,
    I'm not trying to be dense (....it's not working) So here is what I see....

Attachment 18265

then if I were happy with everything and go to the drop down I think you are talking about I get this....

Attachment 18266

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay. You need to right-click in the tool area and add the "Process Recipe*s*" tool, which is separate from the "Process Recipe" tool! You save the Process Recipe settings with the Process Recipes tool .

Your process area should look something like this, note the right-click brings up the tool selection list for that tab:

Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Terry,
    I think that might be a C1 Pro feature.
    In any case it is in a windlet (or gadget) named "process recipes" which may be available if you were to right click in he area below process summaries.
    -bob

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Remember once you get all the tools up you can move them around in the column and ALSO float them anywhere on your screen. You do need the output naming to select the folder and drive you want to output to. Also on Jacks screen grab if you select Jack's standard which he setup for Tif which you can do and also setup a small jpeg if you toggle those two you will get two files processed at the same time, in this case one Tif and one Jpeg. Which is a nice feature. I think you can actually do 4 at once but never tried that. BTW i make this on my third tab in from the left with all my options I use all the time. If i need something else say like crop than I will go to that tab. So I make my primary functions in this tab and secondary in others.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK,
    I got it. I was in regular Capture 1 and not Pro. Well, there is one reason to immediately get pro. If you can't set up recipes that would be hugely annoying!
    Last edited by Terry; 21st June 2009 at 20:18.