The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Printer targeting...and the ultimate need for Photoshop

LJL

Agreed. I use IP and have no final output sharpening. I do all of my image prep before sending a file to IP. For me, that means even getting approximate sizing to where I want it and doing all final output sharpening with something like PK Sharpen, based on the paper type. I have been looking into some Nik Software plug-ins for PS, as they have the option for final sharpening to match paper type as well as viewing distances. For me, IPs greatest points are providing excellent and consistent output across a huge variety of paper type on my Epson 7800. Many folks may not need that variety, but I print to various matte finish, canvas, luster, gloss, fabric, film, etc., and the profiles they have for the papers I have used are really spot on. Buy, I do have to get the sharpening done before it prints ;-)

LJ