The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Helicon Focus review at Luminous Landscape

Don Libby

I agree Terry, very good article.

I've been using this more and more everyday for focus, haven't tried it as yet on a pano.

I'll be at the South Rim for 5 days in late July so I guess I'll really get to try the program out to its fullest.

Don

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I've tried it with panos and it is severely hurting compared to AutoPano Pro/Giga. But it certainly is the piece of software for focus blends! :thumbs:

Don Libby

I've tried it with panos and it is severely hurting compared to AutoPano Pro/Giga. But it certainly is the piece of software for focus blends! :thumbs:
Good to know as I got it for the focus. I still use CS4 for panos and have been pleased. Of course I used to say that about layered focusing.

jlm

Workshop Member
thought i would upgrade my copy from 4.77 to 4.8. it did, but my pro version turned into the lite version...

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
I imagine for panos, it might work to make the individual focus shots per pano segment, process them in Helicon, and then stitch in Autopano.