The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8.2 - LR camera profiles?

francishmt

Do you use the LR "camera standard" profile? I don't know if its just me, but I find the camera profiles give a colour cast that is absent from the "Adobe Standard" profile.

How good is C1 with DNG processing? I don't see any profiles there, so wasn't sure if its any good in processing M8 files. Anyone see advantages to use C1 against LR purely from a IQ standpoint?

R

roey

I prefer the Camera Standard profile mainly because of the reds and the tonality.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Do you use the LR "camera standard" profile? I don't know if its just me, but I find the camera profiles give a colour cast that is absent from the "Adobe Standard" profile.

How good is C1 with DNG processing? I don't see any profiles there, so wasn't sure if its any good in processing M8 files. Anyone see advantages to use C1 against LR purely from a IQ standpoint?
Plenty of posts on the advantages of C1 over LR for pure IQ . Always some debate but the conventional wisdom of the forum is that C1 is more finely tuned to the M8 .DNG . You will get arguments against C1 but they are mostly about how LR works well and has other DAM advantages.

I see the camera profiles the same way you do. The latest adobe standard beta 2 looks much cleaner than the camera specific profiles (supplied by adobe). I may not be correct but its my understanding that the adobe profile is specific to the camera and represents adobes best efforts to rend a clean color rendering . The camera specific profile is to come as close as possible to the way the camera creates a JPEG . This is where the mfg puts there profile of how colors should be rendered.

If I am wrong on this someone set me straight .

I find the camera specific profiles to be muddy with a green cast ..but admit that I sometimes adjust the red down when using the standard profile. This is greatly affected by your color balance and use of vibrance and saturation sliders .. a little pink becomes a sunburn if its too saturated.

Most recommend that you download the trial version of C1 to see if the benefits are worth the effort.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The question is more "How good is C1 with M8 processing?" because, though it shoots DNG, the M8 is recognized as an M8 in Capture One and is tuned to the M8 specifically.

Re Capture One's IQ compared to LR. Many (most?) think the IQ is better, some think it is the same, and almost no one thinks it's worse. In the absolute least, worth your time to do the free trial.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Capture One Online Classes.