The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noise

MMPhoto

Hi all,

OK, I took out my d200 to shot love that camera at the optimal setting, at 100 iso raw format with fix focal lens.

The problem is the noise at ;ow shutter speed or high iso. I tried in photoshop using the blue level, still to much noice.

What would be the best way to correct the noise.

Thanks for all your reply Michel

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the noise level,
You might try capture 1, or possibly Nik's DFine 2.0.
Or, if you can't get rid of it, try rendering the image in B&W and maybe add more noise to taste.
-bob

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
We're all assuming you're shooting RAW and not JPG. If you're shooting JPG that's the first place to start.

You might well find Capture One by itself handles the noise well enough to be a all-in-one solution.

It's not just the amount, but also the look of the noise that matters, and IMO (just that of course - opinion) Capture One's noise structure is more pleasing and film-like / grain-like than out of ACR/LR

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

MMPhoto

Thanks Bob and Doug,

Yes I always shot in RAW format using LR to import and Photoshop for more tuning.
I always shot at the lowest ISO that the camera or back offer me.

Sometime I might use my d200 at long exposure like 10 to 15 sec. This was the first time I used the camera at 800 ISO, I knew that that camera was a Noise generator at long exposure or high ISO.

Michel