The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Negative feedback!!!

linjor

There should be a thread for leaving negative feedback to those sellers or buyers!!!
Here is mine....

The origin B&S link:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21891

I was very pleased with the transaction with Ivo, until I opened the parcel. It definitely was not as described. It was described as "MINT" and you can judge it yourself with those pictures I attached. I don't mind those minor paint loss on the lens body and even the scuff on the rear side of barrel BUT not for those BIG SCRATCHES on the inner side of anterior element.(pic D35_03.jpg-D35_05.jpg)

When contacting Ivo about the return, here were the responses I have gotten:

Jor I'm sorry about that but I can't accept the return. I described the lens with photos and I didn't see any scratches on the optics at the time. I'm not telling that they are not there but I didn't noticed and we did the deal without anymore questions. With the price I sold it you won't get any better than that one too in my opinion.

Another problem is that as you are located outsideof EU I'd have to pay something like 30% of the price when it arrives to our customs... So this is not right and fair.

If you are not happy with the lens you can sell it for the price you bought it to me without problems as it was a great price.

I'm sorry again but I can't be responsable for that return when we are dealing items with many years and no warranty.

Hope you understand.

Regards,
Ivo

I can not in good conscious recommend this member to anyone.
If Ivo wishes to contact me about this again and we can come to a resolution I would be willing to revisit this recommendation.

photohc

Those are pretty major flaws. It is the responsibility of the seller to make full disclosure on the listing and it looks like that was not done here.
I have been very happy in buying and selling here and felt that there was a high respect among members. I'm now disappointed to hear of this.

B

bkling

Agree on that suggestion. We should disclose the particular of the problematic seller so that other forumers will not face similar situation. However, before we proceed on this, let's give the seller a chance to defend and explain himself.

Last edited:

George Ahee

I agree and under the circumstances he being in the EU that a least he should refund
some cash back to the buyer..George

Chunin

I don't know what is the solution but the seller is definitely a crook and a big one. I feel your pain.

flipflop

Uggghhh...I have had that happen in the past and besides sending some thugs to his home there isnt much that can be done. Unless, you have the funds to fly over and see him in person, I have ownly heard of that happening and it was over 20k of video equipment.

The joys of the internet!

Best of luck with your return!

Farnz

That damage is unacceptable, the lens is clearly not mint as it was described and the damage is not visible in the seller's photos from the angle they were taken.

Enlarging the seller's photos on screen makes one of the scratches visible but from the photo it could easily be mistaken for a reflection from an internal surface because the scratch is curved.

Sorry that you've had this problem and I hope the seller refunds your money if only to save his reputation on this and other forums.

Pete.

Chunin

If paid with paypal file a claim even though it would not help much. If you funded with your credit card call your credit card company and file a dispute for a charge back. That is your only option. Hope you used your credit card and you will be fine. Let him deal with paypal later.

dvxj

Agree with Pete. There is no way that you can call such a condition as mint. Hope the seller is decent enough to refund buyer at least partially if not willing to take return because of high cost of customs duty.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I think any reasonable person looking at the photos posted on the original B&S post would agree that the photos do not accurately depict the item for sale and that the written description is inconsistent with reality. I would consider this as fraudulent. The seller said nothing about returns but also did not say "as is" either. To the extent there is an implied warranty of truthfulness (I am not an EC lawyer), there may be a legal problem for him. His response is dodgy as well. There is no way the lens could be sold as "mint" by a honest person, so what he is really saying is "no big deal, just foist it off on someone else."

I would hope that Mr Ivo reads this thread and has a change of mind and issues a refund. If he does not, I would be in favor of banning him from further participation as this B&S is so valuable because it is seen as a trustworthy place with trustworthy participants, as opposed to a "caveat emptor" marketplace.

seakayaker

I think any reasonable person looking at the photos posted on the original B&S post would agree that the photos do not accurately depict the item for sale and that the written description is inconsistent with reality. I would consider this as fraudulent. The seller said nothing about returns but also did not say "as is" either. To the extent there is an implied warranty of truthfulness (I am not an EC lawyer), there may be a legal problem for him. His response is dodgy as well. There is no way the lens could be sold as "mint" by a honest person, so what he is really saying is "no big deal, just foist it off on someone else."

I would hope that Mr Ivo reads this thread and has a change of mind and issues a refund. If he does not, I would be in favor of banning him from further participation as this B&S is so valuable because it is seen as a trustworthy place with trustworthy participants, as opposed to a "caveat emptor" marketplace.
++1

Total refund is in order here. Ivo (Lazzaros) places a lot of gear for sale on this and the RFF classifieds and should be able to accurately describe equipment.

I certainly would not do business with this individual unless this issue is resolved.

Leicadoc

The presence of the customs duty should make one MORE likely to assess their gear honestly, not LESS willing to take it back.
I have looked at Ivo's gear.
Matter of fact, I was interested in this piece.
I'll be watching what happens here, and not opening Ivo's ads until this gets refunded.

stephengilbert

Compare this ad with others which go to some pains to indicate small cosmetic marks on things they're selling. Not only was the description misleading (to say the least), but it appears that the photos were shot to hide the defects in the lens.

SYGTAFOTO

Now that this post has become a sticky, this will help with who not to deal with.

Note to self - As this is probably going to be a much shorter list than the positives, better not get myself onto this list (it'll stand out like a sore thumb).

Jerry_R

Why he should pay CUSTOMS?

He should inform local Customs Office, that this is HIS lens, that is coming back to him from person, who took it to States.
And now is sending it back.

BTW: I saw it is norm on EU eBay, that people add statement, that sale is private and no returns. They also very frequently just give general pictures too, for sure not showing all details.

t.s.k.

Wow, stickified !
I'm not here to pile it on although I agree with everyone here.
I just thought the circumstances stated in the original sale ad was a bit odd.
Maybe not a blood-red flag, but at the very least orange, no? :)

Here's to hoping for a good outcome.

Lazzaros

Jor I thought we talked about the situation and I explained myself to you. By the way you could inform me about this post to give me a chance to explain.

As I think all of you can see, I took pictures and I never hide the look of the equipment I sell. I didn't see the scratches and I wouldn't tell that the lens was in mint condition if I saw them. I'm not here to cheat anyone since I'm selling many items all the time.

We are all humans and a mistake can happen but I explained I can't refund the money and get the lens back. I would pay something like 30% of the lens value (and our customs go to ebay to check prices if they want) and I can't do anything about that. I can say it is my lens and they don't care...

I already told to Jor that I'll try to get a buyer for the lens inside my contacts.

What I think that is totally unfair is that I already sold dozens of items and I never got any positive word... When one deal goes wrong everyone likes to say something even when they don't know the person...

Lazzaros

Compare this ad with others which go to some pains to indicate small cosmetic marks on things they're selling. Not only was the description misleading (to say the least), but it appears that the photos were shot to hide the defects in the lens.

This is amazing! I do ALL my pictures on that wood table with the same light to all my adds! You are guessing things and you are not helping anyone. You are judging me with no reason and I don't allow that...

The situation here is between me and Jor and people could comment to help in some situations but when I see comments like this one I want to stop using this forum right away...

Don Hutton

We are all humans and a mistake can happen but I explained I can't refund the money and get the lens back. I would pay something like 30% of the lens value (and our customs go to ebay to check prices if they want) and I can't do anything about that. I can say it is my lens and they don't care...
It's your "mistake" and your problem - if you lose 30% on the deal on a return and refund, it is your problem 100% and that is the price you need to pay for your mistake. It is absolutely not your counterparty's problem. If you have any honour, you'll do the right thing - have him return the lens and give him back ALL of his money. Where you end up money wise is your fault for not examining the lens carefully enough and not describing it remotely accurately (and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here too)....

rawmeyn

I wanted to buy that lens too but changed my mind. Then one or two weeks later I changed my mind again and was asking Ivo if he still has the lens for sale. I was too late, but he sold me his second one which I received recently in a very good shape (no scratches on the glass, just some minor on the body). All in all a great deal with great communication...