The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdphoto

I don't normally like highly manipulated photos, but this has a Van Gogh flow to it that I find very appealing. Love the colors. Nicely done!

Frankly

Just back from Italy, I think the audience here likes this sort of stuff.... only 600 more to edit.

Rather jolting to fly through Newark on the way home, talk about a culture shock.

Attachments

Darin Marcus

Hello everybody!

I've been visiting this forum for a number of years - great posts, even greater photos.
I spent a good number of years on a different photography forum, but decided a few months ago to switch to GetDPI, and I am finally here - this is my first post.

I am a Nikon shooter, with a D810, a Df and a Nikon 1 J5, plus a number of Nikon lenses and one Voigtländer :)

Here is a J5 photo, let's see if I manage to post pictures here:

Nikon 1 J5, 70-300mm CX @ 264mm (713mm equiv.), 1/200, f/5.6, ISO 160

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hello everybody!

I've been visiting this forum for a number of years - great posts, even greater photos.
I spent a good number of years on a different photography forum, but decided a few months ago to switch to GetDPI, and I am finally here - this is my first post.

I am a Nikon shooter, with a D810, a Df and a Nikon 1 J5, plus a number of Nikon lenses and one Voigtländer :)

Here is a J5 photo, let's see if I manage to post pictures here:

Nikon 1 J5, 70-300mm CX @ 264mm (713mm equiv.), 1/200, f/5.6, ISO 160
Welcome to the forum and GREAT first post!!!

Darin Marcus

Thank you all for the likes!

About that Voigtländer...

For a long time I wanted to add the 58mm f/1.4 SLII to my lens collection as a "character" lens.
When Cosina redesigned its exterior to match the old Nikkor style I finally did it.
It is now permanently mounted on my Df, but before that I tried it on the D810.
Wide open and close to the subject it has a "dreamy" look:

Nikon D810, Cosina Voigtländer 58mm f/1.4 SLII S, 1/2000, f/1.4, ISO 64

Frankly

So glad to be home to Wonder bread and peanut butter, the Italian food was horrible.

Attachments

Darin Marcus

Like many others, I got into the Nikon 1 system for the 70-300mm CX, which provided an FX-equivalent reach of 810mm in a small, light and comparatively cheap package.
Most of the times I've used this lens at, or close to the long end. But I've recently discovered that the short end is very good and useful as well.

Nikon 1 J5, 70-300mm CX @ 70mm (189mm equiv.), 1/200, f/4.5, ISO 160

Frankly

Still editing but I did some fun photos with Larissa in the pea soup water. Even though I can't get a clear decent shot under water I guess I'm keeping the Aquatech Nikon housing for stuff like this and if I ever get South to the tropics. (I've also dinged it up a bit - it's mostly Plexiglass that scratches easily - so I killed off the resale value.) In the end it's probably a purchase I regret but by sticking with it and actually forcing myself to use I may eventually get some nice photos. It's the base model that forces you to use auto controls (or lack of control) so you do tend to overshoot, I still have to edit 800 water shots so there may well be some real winners buried in there. (Dry land I'd have done 150 maybe in the same session.)

Editing is funny, I like pictures across a huge range of color temperatures and hues, they could be really cold and green or warm and pink. Or cold and magenta, warm and green. They all look good!

This sounds really kinky and it still may be but I ordered some latex outfits from the Ukraine. They're body conforming but still, in the end, modest as nothing "shows" so you can get interesting photos without nudity. So you can be edgy without being problematic and troublesome ;-p This dress with the pleated skirt was only $60 and would probably compliment any woman under size 4, hard to go wrong. The shot of her standing up in it isn't perfect but just to show it off.

The model is available in central PA and NYC, she is a professional and bright, solid character. She makes a good living from commercial work but can be reasonable for art photographers, contact me if you want her info.

Attachments

Last edited:

Frankly

Love the black and white. Did you use a strobe for that?
Thanks, no, water is a pretty good bounce card!

With the Aquatech housing (I have the least expensive base model without controls) I put the camera on auto and try my best. It's really a numbers game... do a lot of shots and edit later.

Thorkil

..in the Thy-region, Nordjylland, Denmark...rainy, slippery, but still trying to make new friends..stepped over the electrical fence..

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30 at iso560 1/125 f10 at 15mm through C1pro11win

..perhaps not that close friends...

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30 at iso800 1/125 f11 at 30mm through C1pro11win

then the solid bull with fresh scars came along..

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30 at iso1100 1/125 f11 at 30mm through C1pro11win

I decided to look for a proper way out..

Nikon Df with Tamron 15-30 at iso220 1/125 f10 at 30mm through C1pro11win

thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.