The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Amazing sunrise at Godrevy, Cornwall

I love photographing in all conditions, but sometimes the sky is truly generous with us, and when it happens we are in for a show. One morning at Godrevy, in Cornwall, I found such a sky: it was simply an incredible sunrise, with one of those skies that are so saturated that you actually need to tone them down in post-processing, rather than enhance!

Godrevy Lighthouse at sunrise, with my Hasselblad X1D, the little but great Voigtlander 15mm Super Wide-Heliar v. III and my trusty Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

cerett

Re: Amazing sunrise at Godrevy, Cornwall

I love photographing in all conditions, but sometimes the sky is truly generous with us, and when it happens we are in for a show. One morning at Godrevy, in Cornwall, I found such a sky: it was simply an incredible sunrise, with one of those skies that are so saturated that you actually need to tone them down in post-processing, rather than enhance!

Godrevy Lighthouse at sunrise, with my Hasselblad X1D, the little but great Voigtlander 15mm Super Wide-Heliar v. III and my trusty Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Vieri - Congratulations. Your seascapes just blow me away!

Ed Hurst

Las Vegas never disappoints! Cheesy but fun to photograph.

IQ4150, 40-80LS:
Hi Ed!

I wonder if we might have just achieved a forum first? The first time that two members of the group were in the same place, at the same time, shooting equivalent shots, without any knowledge of the fact at the time... And both members are called Ed...

Was this, by any chance, sunrise on Tuesday of last week (23rd July)? If so, I was in the next building over and will be posting my shot some time in the next day or two...

Ed

etrump

I’m curious to see your image Ed!

Mine was photographed in May at sunset from the 29th floor of the Cosmopolitan.

So I guess you officially copied my shot! :loco: :ROTFL: ;)

I know this photographer who gets pissed every time someone takes a photograph from the same location he shoots like he has exclusive ownership of everywhere he shoots!! Not me of course! ;)

Hi Ed!

I wonder if we might have just achieved a forum first? The first time that two members of the group were in the same place, at the same time, shooting equivalent shots, without any knowledge of the fact at the time... And both members are called Ed...

Was this, by any chance, sunrise on Tuesday of last week (23rd July)? If so, I was in the next building over and will be posting my shot some time in the next day or two...

Ed

Ed Hurst

I’m curious to see your image Ed!

Mine was photographed in May at sunset from the 29th floor of the Cosmopolitan.

So I guess you officially copied my shot! :loco: :ROTFL: ;)

I know this photographer who gets pissed every time someone takes a photograph from the same location he shoots like he has exclusive ownership of everywhere he shoots!! Not me of course! ;)
Good job then that mine was taken just before yours was posted - to avoid any such concerns :)

Yours is quite a different perspective, being shot from a different building, but the lighting is remarkably similar.

I'll post it as soon as I get chance to process...

Ed Hurst

Catedral de la Almudena, Madrid - with the moon setting shortly before sunrise.

Pentax 645Z with 90mm lens (for the scene) and 6x7 400mm EDIF lens (for the moon - shot at the same time and composited).

[/url]IMGP4416_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.