The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Waterfalls are a constant presence in Iceland, they grace the landscape with their presence pretty much everywhere you look. Some are more iconic than others, and among the iconic ones Kirkjufellsfoss and Skogafoss are definitely high on the list. Here they are, photographed in winter:

Kirkjufellsfoss at Sunset, 6 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Skogafoss at Sunrise, 3 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing & commenting, best regards

Vieri

Last edited:

Craig Stocks

Taken Friday evening above the Virgin River Gorge south of St George, Utah. This is a single frame using an IQ4150 on a Cambo tech camera with a Canon 24mm TS-E lens. I used some front tilt to extend the plane of focus through the cactus into the distance. It's a one minute exposure at ISO 200 @ f/16 taken long enough after sunset to capture the light streaks from passing cars. The "clouds" along the horizon is smoke from wildfires in California. My intent was to photograph the MW over the gorge but I ended up liking this photo better.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 7792

Waterfalls are a constant presence in Iceland, they grace the landscape with their presence pretty much everywhere you look. Some are more iconic than others, and among the iconic ones Kirkjufellsfoss and Skogafoss are definitely high on the list. Here they are, photographed in winter:

<snip>

Kirkjufellsfoss at Sunset, 6 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

<snip>

Skogafoss at Sunrise, 3 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing & commenting, best regards

Vieri
Gorgeous images, Vieri. When the pandemic is behind us and I can travel safely, Iceland is on my bucket list. Thanks for continuing to share your fine work.

Joe

Mexecutioner

Taken Friday evening above the Virgin River Gorge south of St George, Utah. This is a single frame using an IQ4150 on a Cambo tech camera with a Canon 24mm TS-E lens. I used some front tilt to extend the plane of focus through the cactus into the distance. It's a one minute exposure at ISO 200 @ f/16 taken long enough after sunset to capture the light streaks from passing cars. The "clouds" along the horizon is smoke from wildfires in California. My intent was to photograph the MW over the gorge but I ended up liking this photo better.
Be glad the wind is not blowing all that smoke your way. The air quality is so nasty over here it’s not even funny. I am getting more HEPA filters delivered today to run inside the house. Going outside it’s out of the question for the time being. Here at home we’ve been under evacuation warning for the past 4 days and things are not improving despite the amazing efforts from the fire fighters. They seem to have the Bobcat Fire 6% contained and they estimate it will burn until October 15.

To all of you guys living close to the fires stay safe and vigilant and in case you need to evacuate do it with time.

spb

Staff member
the amazing efforts from the fire fighters.
Those people are salt of the earth, I really do admire the bravery and courage of those people in the face of such danger.
On the other hand the ones who start some of these fires I would not shed a tear for their elimination from mother earth.

jng

Bell Pepper

2020-09-12 09-39-46 (C,Smoothing2)-1_sq-FrameShop_2.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 120/5.6 S-Planar | f/5.6 | 21-image focus stack

I've been more housebound than usual these days for various reasons including the terrible smoke from distant fires, putting me in a bit of a creative rut. I was quite taken by the color of this bell pepper that my wife brought in yesterday from her little vegetable garden, which she started earlier in the pandemic. I was a little rusty but seemed to remember my way around the camera...

John

vieri

Gorgeous images, Vieri. When the pandemic is behind us and I can travel safely, Iceland is on my bucket list. Thanks for continuing to share your fine work.

Joe
Hello Joe,

thank you for your kind words, glad you are enjoying my work! :) Yes, Iceland is definitely a must-go place if you love Landscape Photography! I was reading on the paper today that the Italian Health Secretary is foreseeing the start of vaccinations in November, and being completely rid of Covid-19 in 5/6 months time. I know, politicians' promises are written on sand, but I'll take all the good news I can get - fingers crossed! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Mexecutioner

My wife harvested these small winter squash set. The 2 greener ones are called “Fairy”, the yellow one with the green stripes is a “Delicata” and the other two are what she calls “mutants”. They came from seeds she saved from last year and there was most likely some cross pollination between a few varieties resulting in these hybrid ones.

My Lovers Garden0662 MASTER copy.jpg

I harvested some of the few Shinseiki Asian Pears our tree had this year. It didn't have many growing this season, but what it lacked in quantity it compensated in flavor. These have been the best so far.

My Lovers Garden0674 MASTER copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.