The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

spb

Staff member
Thanks I have been to Zermatt several times. Never made it to that little lake. Got as far as the half way to the Hörnli Hut onetime until the weather changed and then we got back quick to Zermatt. I seem to recall having some slides of this lake from a distance. One day I will make it, it looks magical.

dj may

Thanks I have been to Zermatt several times. Never made it to that little lake. Got as far as the half way to the Hörnli Hut onetime until the weather changed and then we got back quick to Zermatt. I seem to recall having some slides of this lake from a distance. One day I will make it, it looks magical.
In the full-size image, you can see the Hörnlihütte. This lake is across the valley about the same elevation as Schwarzsee, from where you probably started your hike. That is not an easy hike to Hörnlihütte.

spb

Staff member
Schwarzsee yes and you are right it seemed easy at the time, but I had an eye on the weather knowing how quickly it can change. We were further away from the Hörnlihütte than we first thought and as the weather changed it was more than correct for us to walk back down. Had a great evening in Zermatt and missed the last train down to Täsch so we walked it having run out of dough and no train ticket as we walked up to Zermatt from Täsch. Great 2 week holiday with a college pal.

Grayhand

Very nice too!
Glad you liked it!

I spend a lot of the summers on the northeast side of Sweden's second-largest island, Öland.
And I almost live on the beach, so it is easy to go for a sunset shot.
But the last visit for this summer will be the end of next week.
After that, I will have to work a bit harder to find seaside shots.

Tomorrow I will drive to northern Germany for a visit over the weekend.
So there is a possibility that I can show something else than photos of the sea :cool:

Ray

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.