The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

Dave, got shut of your H5?
The H5? Oh...no, this Covid isolation continues for us and there is so little opportunity for photographing anything around here, I just use whatever is in my Billingham bag for shots around the house. The H5 is the Studio's equipment and resides in a Satori backpack with the rest of the system components.

I shoot it much less frequently but only because it is less accessible packed away for different motifs than I find around the house.

We were hoping to get the Studio work up and running this year, but the virus had other ideas. So we spend seemingly endless days at home, and running errands, and such, within a 15-30 minute drive. There really is not much incentive to shoot these days. I suppose a lot of people are going through that as well.

But the S, I have found, makes it a joyful experience to shoot even the boring subjects I have left to work with.... :thumbup:

JMacD

I had previously made this shot in B&W with a 12mm on a M10M. Client then asked for color. I don't have a color camera that handles a 12mm M mount lens. A friend said shoot it as a panorama on your S with your 24mm lens vertical with three shots. I have a tripod setup that allows for exact nodal settings, but I really didn't think Photoshop could do the job. I was unaware that Photoshop had vastly improved its panorama stitching program a some point.

I knew panoramic merges with ultra-wide lenses are a challenge, but thanks to the latest Photoshop and all the Really Right Stuff panoramic gizmos, it came out better than I expected. BTW, shooting with an S after a month of M shooting is realizing what a tool an S really is. I think the image is better as a B&W but the clients is the one paying. However the view cropping is better in the color image. You can see the M10M image over on the M forum.
Jack

Attachments

P. Chong

Didn't know about this thread, just saw it...here are two photographs I took for a job in 2011. Malmaison by The Hour Glass in Singapore, then new.

Leica S2 with Summarit-S 35

The store was an extraordinary mix of offerings in high living. From the watches on the lower level, to the books and jewellery on the upper level. Both these images are of the upper level. The first pic also shows a book which is open, and a shameless plug is that it is a coffee table book written and photographed by me.

books.jpg

upstairs2-1920.jpg

dave.gt

Didn't know about this thread, just saw it...here are two photographs I took for a job in 2011. Malmaison by The Hour Glass in Singapore, then new.

Leica S2 with Summarit-S 35

The store was an extraordinary mix of offerings in high living. From the watches on the lower level, to the books and jewellery on the upper level. Both these images are of the upper level. The first pic also shows a book which is open, and a shameless plug is that it is a coffee table book written and photographed by me.
Nice images!!! I remember seeing the first one months ago and I still can't get over the furry animal... taxidermy product?:bugeyes:

P. Chong

Thanks...yes, taxidermy products. There are lots of them peppered throughout the boutique. Including insects, some tribal masks, and I believe some shrunken heads (real ones), which got stuck in Customs for a while before they sorted it out that these were vintage, museum quality stuff.

Here is another view. The booths are for a client to step into, to experience perfume.

perfume.jpg

Nice images!!! I remember seeing the first one months ago and I still can't get over the furry animal... taxidermy product?:bugeyes:

dave.gt

Haha!!!:)

Some may remember my psychedelia experience last summer when I used bug spray on the rose bushes, only to later find out it was weed killer and it really did a number on everything. Some bushes died, some bushes came back. And some, are still on a long, strange trip. Like me.:ROTFL:

Still enjoying those crazy colors again this summer!

dave.gt

Hmmm...

With the pandemic out of control, and lockdown not even considered, it may be a good time to see what we can do with street photography, using the Leica S..., mask on and socially distant, of course!:)

We have a lot of street art each year around the old town square (like painted mini-statues of horses, barnyard animals, and old vintage style pickup trucks). I have shot it many times with 35mm and other formats. And yet, I can't remember shooting it with the S...

Perhaps it is time to visit the downtown area with the S...:toocool:

dave.gt

Ha! Roses don't care about a pandemic, or a hurricane.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm
View attachment 176225
Btw, of the many "Likes" and comments posted here and elsewhere, you folks are quite appreciated.:)

While most of us have been forced to stay in close to home, we all are challenged to have fun with MF images more so than ever. Personally, I can only grow a few roses each year and I shoot them "on the bush" handheld. Sometimes I use the tripod but the difference in quality is negligible since I don't do focus stacking, etc.

Oh, were it only possible to leave the house and drive to the mountains or the beach for wonderful vistas and long exposures. But happiness is in attitude, being thankful for what one has instead of wishing for what one does not. Dreams are plans for the future. And, yes, I am a dream weaver. LOL...

Let's see some more of your MF images here, too!:)

dave.gt

Dave...it almost looks like an ornament and leaf floating in water. Beautiful image!
Gurtch, I appreciate that, it was as usual a handheld capture outside the garage on a beautiful Fall day. Our lone red maple tree provides interesting opportunities whenever I park our 26-year old car outside even for a few minutes.

Have a great week with the stellar weather most people are having now!:)