The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

SrMphoto

So I can always compare the results from Phocus and C1 at critical images. But I'm quite confident with my workflow now, Adobe DNG Converter could do it as well.
Phocus does not include any corrections in the DNG output, i.e., the DNG output from Adobe DNG converter should be the same as the output from Phocus.

DB5

I LOVE this camera but frustratingly, as always with Hasselblad, they always manage to mess things up.

Without an eye level EVF it's the most frustratingly pointless camera to me.

That is not to take away from the people who have it and enjoy it for what it is.

But IMO a total wasted opportunity.

Godfrey

Nothing special, really.
In bright sunlight, I wear a wide-brimmed hat. And I seek for positions that allow me to keep the camera in shade while I'm photographing the scene.
In extreme conditions, when working with a tripod, I also carry a focusing cloth same as I would for a view camera just in case. :)

G

• Thanks
Reactions: spb

spb

Staff member
Ok I had better get me a hat then by the sound of it, thanks. I was thinking of making a simple folding piece like, as I often am taking the image with the screen fully up. I have also seen a page detailing how to make a simple one. I might just try and do that.

1603204612164.png

nameBrandon

Ok I had better get me a hat then by the sound of it, thanks. I was thinking of making a simple folding piece like, as I often am taking the image with the screen fully up. I have also seen a page detailing how to make a simple one. I might just try and do that.

View attachment 177704
If someone made those for the cfv rear screen I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Godfrey

View attachment 177704
If someone made those for the cfv rear screen I would buy it in a heartbeat.
I tried to make something like that. The problem with such a flip-out shade is that so much of the CFVII 50c control happens with the touch screen that it just gets in my way constantly ... Any time I need to change a setting, I have to take the shade off or risk making the wrong setting. This is, indeed, a problem with all cameras that rely primarily on touch screen operation and screen based controls.

Better, in my opinion, to just figure out how to see the screen clearly without it. My Tilley works just fine, either on my head or held in the hand to shade the screen when using a tripod. :D

G

Last edited:

spb

Staff member
Yes you are right Godfrey, I try not to use the touch screen but I guess I will have to adopt my way of taking images. I certainly am not getting rid of the 907X it is a really nice camera. I cannot think of any camera previously owned with no drawbacks. I just have to find ways of getting round them and being comfortable with the gear. Lets not talk of bags! I fear that none of my bags are right with the 907 .......

jotloob

Subscriber Member
For critical light situations , I always have a little dark cloth with me . That helped often when shooting with the CFV 50 classic .

Mexecutioner

I evaluated updating the exif markers as well.. I'm a C1 fan at heart, but have given it up completely due to lack of Hasselblad support. When I tested the modified DNG's, I found the default profile extremely flat. Obviously one can apply some other profiles, but without the built-in camera profile for the X1D/907x I was never sure that I was getting the appropriate color interpretation. Do you have a standard default profile or color correction you apply globally after import?
I agree with you, so many additional steps and hacking your way through it kinda takes the fun out of it.

spb

Staff member
For critical light situations , I always have a little dark cloth with me . That helped often when shooting with the CFV 50 classic .
Well it is sunny this morning so I experimented. Sun in front of me, so no problem, but I tilted the screen all the way up. I have also set screen brightness on full. This time I could see the subject without issue....I shall obviously need to be careful when the sun is behind me! Going to buy a small black Micro-fibre cloth and try that.

Attachments

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I forgot to say , that I shoot MF 90% using a tripod . Here a dark cloth is of course easier to handle in comparison to
handheld shooting . Your dark cloth is best with matte black inside . Micro fibre material can be glossy .

• Thanks

spb

Staff member
Jürgen, I was wondering with my left hand on the lens and right on the trigger I need a third hand ........ of course the tripod :unsure:
Thank you for the cloth tip, hadn't thought of that.

Godfrey

Well it is sunny this morning so I experimented. Sun in front of me, so no problem, but I tilted the screen all the way up. I have also set screen brightness on full. This time I could see the subject without issue....I shall obviously need to be careful when the sun is behind me! Going to buy a small black Micro-fibre cloth and try that.
I'd recommend a 40x40 inch dark cloth as being a useful size; much smaller than that becomes too difficult to use easily. I use the one from B&H Photo for $63:

G