The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. Chong

Its almost Deepavali (or Divali) in Singapore. Its an Indian Hindu festival which symbolizes the spiritual "victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance".

Phase One XF IQ4 150 with Schneider-Kreuznach 45mm Blue Line, exposed with Frame averaging for an exposure of 1/2s at f8. Photographed last year. This year, because of the pandemic, the streets are also lighted up, but far with fewer people and cars.

little-india.jpg

vieri

Not being an engineer, I am not sure how effective the bizarre shape of St Monans' pier is to break waves, but I assume it works. What I am sure of, on the other hand, is that photographically speaking the pier is a truly inspiring work of concrete! 2 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

diforbes

Not being an engineer, I am not sure how effective the bizarre shape of St Monans' pier is to break waves, but I assume it works. What I am sure of, on the other hand, is that photographically speaking the pier is a truly inspiring work of concrete! 2 seconds, Hasselblad X1D II, Hassepblad 30mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri
Beautiful capture! What kind of filter is it that you used?

P. Chong

Yes, this was taken at the poolside bar of the Traders Hotel, the best place to do this kind of photograph. The staff do not allow tripods, but the window sill is flat enough to be able to allow the camera to be sat on firmly...as long as it does not fall off! its a long way to the ground from there...

The KLCC was completed in 1999, and it was renovated which was in 2011. I would guess you were there during the latter?

Very nice! This place really looks good at night.

I did a couple of trips around Malaysia, working for the Malaysian states, JKR.
When in KL, I did live in a hotel overlooking this place.
But then the towers was still under construction.

A few years ago...

Ray

Grayhand

Ray, love your forest views. Really relaxing to watch. Looking forward to the first hikes of 2021! (And of course to the Winter 2020, but that's another story.)
Thanks for your kind words!!
And is a relaxing process, walking in nature, and just try to see what nature has to offer in terms of visual gifts.

I can really sympathize with many people all over the world thas are living under more or less hard restrictions. It makes travel more or less impossible for many.
There was a plan that I should visit Germany again during the Christmas holidays, but now it does not look that possible, we will see.
But here in Sweden, I can travel freely. In about 2 weeks I will drive up to the true north, a trip of just 1450 km. It is work included, but I try to also plan for photographic stops on the way.
So hopefully it will be some good photo opportunities (y)

Ray

spb

Staff member
In about 2 weeks I will drive up to the true north, a trip of just 1450 km. It is work included, but I try to also plan for photographic stops on the way.
So hopefully it will be some good photo opportunities (y)

Ray
Lucky you! That part of the worls is beautiful.

Grayhand

Yes, this was taken at the poolside bar of the Traders Hotel, the best place to do this kind of photograph. The staff do not allow tripods, but the window sill is flat enough to be able to allow the camera to be sat on firmly...as long as it does not fall off! its a long way to the ground from there...

The KLCC was completed in 1999, and it was renovated which was in 2011. I would guess you were there during the latter?
Yes, there are many such places that don't allow tripods, for different reasons :)

If I remember right, the first trip was -93, and the second must have been somewhere around -94 to -95.
And the construction had not gotten that far when I was there the last time.

But my favorite spot in Malaysia is Tanjong Jara resort, I spent two weeks there in -93
That is a brilliant place!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.