The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

Greg, your auto photographs are amazing. Is this a dedicated space? The lighting is showroom perfect!
Thank you Ed! Actually is it’s a series of 6 second exposures made in the dark where I illuminate different parts of the car with a small LED light then composite the images together.

spb

Staff member
There was I silly me thinking it was a dedicated space :cool:, you had me fooled Greg. With that knowledge in mind those are really brilliant images to be proud of.

Greg Haag

There was I silly me thinking it was a dedicated space :cool:, you had me fooled Greg. With that knowledge in mind those are really brilliant images to be proud of.
Thank you Stephen! I really enjoy shooting the cars and other objects this way. Work often interferes with travel to beautiful landscapes so this is something I can do at home when I have a free evening.

scho

A few snaps with the 907x50CII + 45/4p taken on a Thansgiving day walk around Steamboat Landing and the Ithaca Farmers Market on Cayuga Inlet.

Steamboat Landing

A quick burst of sunlight hit the bare trees on the far shoreline.

The Market was almost empty with the exception of a dancer practicing her routine. She is kneeling on the floor to the right re-loading music from her laptop.

An old pump house for the sewage treatment plant (about 50 yards upstream from the market) with a fresh coat of paint and interpretive mural.

jng

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
P11_25_2020_25579-88_median_blend_processed-25-25-10-denoise-2x1-FrameShop.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 350 Superachromat (!!!) + 1.4XE | f/11 | 8 sec | 10-image median blend

Welp, Santa - or was it Dante - dropped by a little early this year (thank you @Jamgolf!). There was just a touch of humidity in the air last night but conditions were good enough for this shot of the San Francisco skyline with the buildings on the Embarcadero lit up for the holidays.

Best wishes to all on this Thanksgiving Day. In spite of all the turmoil in the world, there is much in my life for which I am grateful.

John

Greg Haag

View attachment 178853
WRS 1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 350 Superachromat (!!!) + 1.4XE | f/11 | 8 sec | 10-image median blend

Welp, Santa - or was it Dante - dropped by a little early this year (thank you @Jamgolf!). There was just a touch of humidity in the air last night but conditions were good enough for this shot of the San Francisco skyline with the buildings on the Embarcadero lit up for the holidays.

Best wishes to all on this Thanksgiving Day. In spite of all the turmoil in the world, there is much in my life for which I am grateful.

John
Beautiful image John, I love the composition you chose!

• Thanks
Reactions: jng

anyone

View attachment 178853

John
Congratulations on this lens, very good choice! It’s clearly one of my favourites. Be careful, Dante is just waiting around the corner with the APO converter...

jng

Congratulations on this lens, very good choice! It’s clearly one of my favourites. Be careful, Dante is just waiting around the corner with the APO converter...
Not to worry, Dante is having his way with me on the APO converter...

P. Chong

Using the Leica S Type 007 with Summarit 70mm f/2.8 as a event camera, covering the opening dance display at the Patek Philippe Watch Art Grand Exhibition in Singapore last year. The dancers were in constant motion, photographed in-situ. I did not attend the rehearsals, so basically shot as an event. Turned out to be ok. Stage lighting and all.

drummers.jpg

dancers.jpg

Ed Hurst

Luna Park, in Milsons Point (Sydney), has a long and convoluted history. It was constructed in 1935 and became an iconic part of the harbourside scene - sitting in the shadow of the Harbour Bridge and alongside the North Sydney Olympic Pool (built for the 1938 Empire Games). Following a lethal fire in 1979, it closed and this prime part of Sydney real estate seemed likely to disappear. It was largely demolished but then, against the odds, rebuilt - operating until 1988, when it again closed due to concerns about its condition. It opened again in 1995, but closed once again following concerns about its state of repair and complaints from nearby residents about noise. It has been redeveloped yet again, reopening in 2004 - since when it has been open continuously. I don't want to tempt fate, but it seems secure now as part of the famous Harbour scene.

The famous Luna Park face is lit up for most of the day, but there are a few hours in the very early morning when its own lights go off and it's only illuminated by an adjoining floodlight, making a picture like this possible for someone mad enough to attempt it.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm f4 DA lens

StarTrailsFromFiles_IMG2115-5118(PlusDarkFrameFile5126)Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

scho

Buttermilk Falls finally with a little water coming through again. 907x50CII with Canon EF 24/3.5 L II TSE via Cambo CA-XCD adapter that allows aperture adjustment. Shot at f/11 with a variable neutral density filter on lens adjusted to yield about 1/5 sec exposure at ISO 100. 1.5 degrees tilt and no shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.