The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Buttermilk Falls finally with a little water coming through again. 907x50CII with Canon EF 24/3.5 L II TSE via Cambo CA-XCD adapter that allows aperture adjustment. Shot at f/11 with a variable neutral density filter on lens adjusted to yield about 1/5 sec exposure at ISO 100. 1.5 degrees tilt and no shift.
Another view the falls with some additional editing in Luminar 4 to add some clouds to the bald sky.

Grayhand

The fishing Camp
GFX50(r) 100-200

My health is getting better and better. So I did accept an offer to go north for some work.
The choice was to sit at home and look out the window or sit in my car and look out the window.
My "turn around point" was for this trip 350 km north of the arctic circle.
Limited time for photography, and a limited amount of light. Today sunrise is at 10:19 and sets at 12:46 at the location for this photo, as an example..

I am still on my way south, and when I get home it is the end of a close to 4000 km long trip
It is work like this that keeps me young :cool:

Ray

Greg Haag

The fishing Camp
GFX50(r) 100-200

My health is getting better and better. So I did accept an offer to go north for some work.
The choice was to sit at home and look out the window or sit in my car and look out the window.
My "turn around point" was for this trip 350 km north of the arctic circle.
Limited time for photography, and a limited amount of light. Today sunrise is at 10:19 and sets at 12:46 at the location for this photo, as an example..

I am still on my way south, and when I get home it is the end of a close to 4000 km long trip
It is work like this that keeps me young :cool:

Ray
Beautiful image Ray! I am glad your health is doing so much better and your trip was successful!

D&A

I love the reflection on this one and the sharp foreground, those two elements make this super for me.
Thank you Stephen for your kind comment and feedback. The ultra wide angle 25mm (effective 19mm in 35mm terms) made that possible. Although the shot was taken during daytime hrs, it was as dark and dreary and desolate as it looks and it wasn't until the dense fog lifted a bit, that I could even see any elements on or surrounding the lake. it was a very erie scene at what is normally a popular destination.

Dave (D&A)

vieri

Two images of the mighty Sgurr nan Gillean, on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, both taken around sunset at one year difference between them.

Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting. Best regards,

Vieri

Grayhand

GFX50(r), 100-200

The artic region of Sweden does not have much to offer in the form of awe-inspiring high mountains.
This region has been through a large number of ice-ages due to the age of those mountains. And the ice grinds the mountains to dust...
And the weight of all this ice did press down on the land. When the ice melted, the land started to rise up again
The rise of the land in the top region of the Gulf of Bothnia is today about 10 mm each year.
This has had a negative effect on the cities with a harbour in that region, you can almost see the sea disappearing out from your harbour...

The photo here shows a typical example of an old mountain that has been ground to almost nothing
Bill has shown many time the opposite of this from Canada. All the young and high mountains that he has beautifully depicted.

By going west in this region the mountains start to get higher. But then you will end up in Norway, and now the border is closed.
But, as Mr T said: I'll be back!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.