The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

tcdeveau

My new PhaseOne XT, IQ4 150 Mp with the Rodenstock 23, 32, 50 and 90mm lenses :)

Happy to be back shooting tech cameras after 8 years since I sold my Linhof Techno! Have a great weekend, best regards

Vieri
Congrats Vieri!
-Todd

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Congrats Vieri . What a great set and just in time for X-MAS . But where are the firecrest filters ? ? ? ;)

vieri

Congrats Vieri . What a great set and just in time for X-MAS . But where are the firecrest filters ? ? ? ;)
Thank you Jurgen! :) The Firecrest Ultra filters are in my bag, as always, ready to leap into action - it's just that today wasn't their day in the spotlight! :D

Best regards,

Vieri

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Way to go, Vieri!
I'd be interested in your views of the lenses. I have the 32 which is arguably the sharpest lens I've ever used, and the 70 mm which is also superb. I'm waiting on the telephoto that's been promised - i'd like something around 140-150 mm.

vieri

Way to go, Vieri!
I'd be interested in your views of the lenses. I have the 32 which is arguably the sharpest lens I've ever used, and the 70 mm which is also superb. I'm waiting on the telephoto that's been promised - i'd like something around 140-150 mm.
Thank you very much Bill! :) About the lenses, I am planning on rolling out my in-depth reviews of all 4 lenses I own, and of the camera as well, in the upcoming weeks - of course, I'll let the community know when they are up!

Best regards,

Vieri

Craig Stocks

My Cambo / IQ4150 tech camera with a very long lens attached. (Or, a very long lens with my Cambo / IQ4150 tech camera attached.) I'm currently using the Cambo Canon EOS lens adapter which works but does create a fair amount of vignetting. I've ordered a set of adapters to directly mount the XF to take full advantage of the Takahashi's 88mm image circle.

IMG_7785.jpg

And, a recent photo taken with this setup showing the Seagull Nebula.

Seagull L-Pro + Ha-2.jpg

Greg Haag

My Cambo / IQ4150 tech camera with a very long lens attached. (Or, a very long lens with my Cambo / IQ4150 tech camera attached.) I'm currently using the Cambo Canon EOS lens adapter which works but does create a fair amount of vignetting. I've ordered a set of adapters to directly mount the XF to take full advantage of the Takahashi's 88mm image circle.

View attachment 179654

And, a recent photo taken with this setup showing the Seagull Nebula.

View attachment 179655
Craig, I love these images your posting! It looks like your BTS image might be in your back yard, I assumed you would have to shoot from some place remote to avoid light contamination.

Craig Stocks

Greg, you are correct it is in my backyard in St George, Utah - a community of around 150,000 and not at all a dark sky location. I use a combination of filters to cut through light pollution and even moonlight. The most powerful are narrow-band filters that just let through specific wavelengths associated with specific elements like hydrogen, sulpher or oxygen. The red color in the sample photo is from frames taken with the hydrogen filter since hydrogen fluoresces in a very specific red wavelength.

Greg Haag

Greg, you are correct it is in my backyard in St George, Utah - a community of around 150,000 and not at all a dark sky location. I use a combination of filters to cut through light pollution and even moonlight. The most powerful are narrow-band filters that just let through specific wavelengths associated with specific elements like hydrogen, sulpher or oxygen. The red color in the sample photo is from frames taken with the hydrogen filter since hydrogen fluoresces in a very specific red wavelength.
That is so impressive!

PSS

My new PhaseOne XT, IQ4 150 Mp with the Rodenstock 23, 32, 50 and 90mm lenses :)

Happy to be back shooting tech cameras after 8 years since I sold my Linhof Techno! Have a great weekend, best regards

Vieri
that is a nice kit! congrats! does that mean no more Hasselblad?

ThoDi

Hi Vieri,

may I ask why you switched from Hasselblad to Phase One? Were you not quite as happy with the X1D II or is it about the more resolution?

Greetings Thomas

Thank you very much! :) Yes, my Hasselblad kit went to my dealer to be sold :)

Best regards,

Vieri

vieri

Hi Vieri,

may I ask why you switched from Hasselblad to Phase One? Were you not quite as happy with the X1D II or is it about the more resolution?

Greetings Thomas
Hello Thomas,

the X1D II is a fine camera, but the PhaseOne XT & Rodenstock lenses, I feel, is on a different level when it comes to image quality, plus I much prefer the aesthetics of larger format images. Might I refer you to a couple of articles I wrote about this? First is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/202...-camera-system-for-landscape-photography.html, and the second is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2020/12/phaseone-local-ambassador.html. Hope this helps! Best regards,

Vieri

vieri

Congratulations Vieri! As an X1D II shooter, I'm saddened to see you leave the club. But I know that your new system will produce the beautiful images that we have enjoyed as you've used Leica, Hasselblad and now Phase One equipment. Thanks for sharing your choices and rationale, and for continuing the share your stunning art. Stay safe and be well.

Joe
Hello Joe,

thank you very much for your kind words about my work & for your congratulations, much appreciated indeed! :) I loved my X1D (I & II) and created some of my best work with it, and while it is always a bit sad when we leave something behind and move on, I am very much looking forward to this new adventure with PhaseOne and with the XT, IQ4 & Rodenstock lenses! Of course, hoping that we'll have a much easier time with traveling in 2021... ;) Take care & stay safe, best regards

Vieri

Mexecutioner

Vieri
That’s fantastic Vieri, I’m looking forward to see what you can do with this bad boy! Congratulations!

ThoDi

Hello Thomas,

the X1D II is a fine camera, but the PhaseOne XT & Rodenstock lenses, I feel, is on a different level when it comes to image quality, plus I much prefer the aesthetics of larger format images. Might I refer you to a couple of articles I wrote about this? First is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/202...-camera-system-for-landscape-photography.html, and the second is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2020/12/phaseone-local-ambassador.html. Hope this helps! Best regards,

Vieri
Hello Vieri,

thank you, very interesting articles.

Thomas