The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

well...looking towards west there have been a lot of hard times for me, as spectator, over the past years...now the clouds finally might be able to disappear, for me at last, and very soon...
The other day we were looking at "the Joker", what a weird movie, just contributed to the weird unpleasant mood, even thought it was a spectacular and well done movie..
almost "social-realistic", bravo...(!..recommended despite the mood)
But now, slowly, photo-interest is sort of creeping in upon me again, so..my own little celebration, here, just some subjective kind of "hipshots" with the lovely X1D with the 45/4P on...and no more words...

Thorkil

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
well...looking towards west there have been a lot of hard times for me, as spectator, over the past years...now the clouds finally might be able to disappear, for me at last, and very soon...
The other day we were looking at "the Joker", what a weird movie, just contributed to the weird unpleasant mood, even thought it was a spectacular and well done movie..
almost "social-realistic", bravo...(!..recommended despite the mood)
But now, slowly, photo-interest is sort of creeping in upon me again, so..my own little celebration, here, just some subjective kind of "hipshots" with the lovely X1D with the 45/4P on...and no more words...

Thorkil
Welcome to Fun with MF Images Forums my friend :)
Great pictures, especially the middle one!

Pramote

etrump

Love this! From a boardwalk or boat?

I was just scouting a few old swamps this past week. I'm itching to jump back into my kayak.

Took a road trip with my oldest daughter this weekend to explore a potential school for her to get her Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art, my quest to entice her to pursue landscape photography so far has been unsuccessful. Anyway, I digress, in some of my down time I have gone thru old images and some of my favorites are ones I have taken of bald cypress trees. Trying to reprocess a few of these image with Capture One 21.

Cambo WRS-1600 IQ3 100 Rodenstock 32mm HRView attachment 180927

Greg Haag

Love this! From a boardwalk or boat?

I was just scouting a few old swamps this past week. I'm itching to jump back into my kayak.
Ed, this was from Caddo Lake State Park in Mill Pond, there is a T shaped boardwalk that goes out into the pond. It would be a great spot to park and launch your kayak, from there you could shoot a variety of areas in the pond or head out into Big Cypress Bayou. If I were guessing, it is probably about a 6 hour drive for you. The state park also has some nice primitive cabins you can rent.

etrump

I am familiar with that boardwalk and you found a wonderful composition. There are three other lakes near there we scouted last week that I intend to kayak and photograph this spring (as well as Caddo of course). You’re right about the drive, not bad. We also like Black Bayou and Benton Lakes. So many great looks in a small area.

Ed, this was from Caddo Lake State Park in Mill Pond, there is a T shaped boardwalk that goes out into the pond. It would be a great spot to park and launch your kayak, from there you could shoot a variety of areas in the pond or head out into Big Cypress Bayou. If I were guessing, it is probably about a 6 hour drive for you. The state park also has some nice primitive cabins you can rent.

Greg Haag

I am familiar with that boardwalk and you found a wonderful composition. There are three other lakes near there we scouted last week that I intend to kayak and photograph this spring (as well as Caddo of course). You’re right about the drive, not bad. We also like Black Bayou and Benton Lakes. So many great looks in a small area.
Black Bayou is on my list in the near future, I have to make a work trip to Baton Rouge soon and was hoping to scout it out then. BTW, I love your gallery, I saw it this weekend when we went to Crystal Bridges!

Greg Haag

Ran across this image from 2009 while cleaning up my Lightroom catalog (taken with Hasselblad H2D). Tom McDonald, a friend of our family retired from photography after maybe 40 years of photography, we stored his negatives for him until the local university took charge of them. I was reminded of two things when I saw this image. First, how grateful I am for digital image storage. Second, how amazingly easy it was to find an image with his filing system.

_MG_6207.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.