The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/digital M Images 2021

D&A

Olaf...just an inquiry (hope you don't mind). Three threads down from this thread there is already a Fun with digital M images that was started in 2011 and has continued uninterrupted till the present (today). Is there a reason that thread should end and now continue here (in this thread) and therefore two separate Fun with Digital M images? I'm thinking then the original thread will slowly drop down and disappear. Its been a great chronological time line for digital M images from the M9 to the present. Again I may be overlooking something . As an aside, if you look at the images on the very 1st page of that thread (2011), the technical aspects (color, sharpness, depth and of course subject matter and composition of the images posted, look as fresh and up to date as those posted most recently (although I realize they are web sized images). In certain respects it shows why some still favor the M9 imagery till this day. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Per, knowing dogs (to a degree)...I bet although the larger one looks like he's terrorizing the little one (in a fun playful way).....it's probably the little one that generally has the upper hand :) .

Dave (D&A)

Per, knowing dogs (to a degree)...I bet although the larger one looks like he's terrorizing the little one (in a fun playful way).....it's probably the little one that generally has the upper hand :) .

Dave (D&A)
I´d say you´re on the right track here... :giggle: The small one (Sw. "Västgötaspets", a cattle dog somewhat similar to a Welsh Corgi) is a puppy bitch, while the Gordon setter is a male, 3-4 yo. So he´s "daddying" the little one, and as usual in such situations, the pup knows she´ll get away with almost anything.... They know each other well,and love to play around. Just look at the small strands of hair in the pup´s mouth; guess where they come from...:p

Reactions: D&A

D&A

I´d say you´re on the right track here... :giggle: The small one (Sw. "Västgötaspets", a cattle dog somewhat similar to a Welsh Corgi) is a puppy bitch, while the Gordon setter is a male, 3-4 yo. So he´s "daddying" the little one, and as usual in such situations, the pup knows she´ll get away with almost anything.... They know each other well,and love to play around. Just look at the small strands of hair in the pup´s mouth; guess where they come from...:p
Thanks for the explanation! LOL...how did I guess Per? I'm certainly no expert but I have a bunch, they are all the same breed & sex and basically the same age, but the smaller, slightly younger one, always looking and acting innocent (think of the kid in school who's always polishing the teachers apple)....when no one is looking, pulls on the bigger ones tails and tries flipping them over by nipping at their feet...even both at the same time. Then when he's chased, he finds a spot under the outdoor stairs to hide, only to ambush them again when they walk off. Yes, dogs have their own hierarchy when it comes to playtime. :)

I'd try to capture them in action with a M camera, but they are too fast (or I'd post here)....so I have to resort to a faster camera although one is supposed to capture the decisive moment (even with a rangefinder) with proper technique. To think, that's what I did on the streets of NYC (in notorious bad areas) in my much younger days. In comparison, dogs are a safer subject to capture...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: