The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Greg Haag

Greg
A shame to get that beautiful dress wet with salt water. Nevertheless, very good and original. Death Valley dunes is another great place for fashion work.
Thank you Lou, we did shoot an image in Death Valley, she wanted to do a shot for her grandmother honoring her Indian heritage. I will try to find that and post later today.

Greg Haag

Lou, I have only tried 2. The first was photoshop and I honestly I preferred the results I got by manually blending. The second, and the one I prefer is HeliconFocus. On a scale of 1 to 10 on my ability to focus stack, I consider myself at about a 4. This is an area I really need to spend more time.

drevil

Staff member

Weekly Wall Madness

A temporary lock down, was lifted in Beijing, due to the 2 sessions meeting of the party and the covid cases in the Hebei area have fallen drastically, thus my group and i were able to leave Beijing again to go to one of my favorite sections north west of Beijing.
We were met with fierce winds, my tripod was thrown over by the wind during preparations, luckily without the camera yet.
later i have done a 5 minute (2 pics a sec) time lapse and i had to hold the tripod the whole time while the wind blasted on me.

The up side of the wind? beautiful weather, we had smoggy days for many weeks. And to our surprise the snow from the middle of last week was still laying in the outskirts of beijing.

here is the time lapse, unfortunately i wasn't able to make it 100% vibration free.
http://instagr.am/p/CMr6JMUoKZq/

GeorgeBo

Sunday afternoons call me into the woods for some reason. I like to pick out shapes from old fallen trees.

Anyone else see a breaching Humpback whale?

GFX 50R with adapted Nikkor P 75mm/2.8 for Bronica. $70 lens 🤫 don't tell anyone ;)

George
GFXS2150-2.jpg

cuida1991

Year of the Ox
View attachment 182077
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 1m20s, Automated Frame Average​

It is the first week of the lunar new year, the Year of the Ox. I finally managed to get out this evening to take in the sunset and twilight over San Francisco. Xin Nian Kuai Le - Happy New Year!

John
Hello John,
Nice pic! How is the Zeiss 350mm lens performing on IQ4? How much shift can it achieve?

Reactions: spb

jng

Hello John,
Nice pic! How is the Zeiss 350mm lens performing on IQ4? How much shift can it achieve?
Thanks! The 350 Tele-Superachromat is stellar on the IQ4 150 (as is its older but littler brother, the original 250 Superachromat). I can manage up to 10mm vertical shift in landscape orientation, albeit with a bit of hard vignette along the edge of frame. If I recall correctly, lateral shift is limited to ~5mm. By contrast, I can easily shift up to 10mm laterally on the 250 Superachromat, 15mm with a bit of vignetting in the corners.

John