The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX100S and Roddy55 and schneider 47mm on Arca Swiss

orftoden

The 47mm can be used, but very tight on many DSLR/Mirrorless bodies.
Also, Arca-Swiss is now offering the new rotaFoot, which is an even better mounting for the camera and lenses as it does not require DSLR removal to change orientation.
The rotaFoot is very thin and uses the same bellows as the setup to use the L bracket, but simpler and more precisely square to the front standard.
Someone above commented that the 55mm had issues with 20mm shift, but what aperture was the image made at?
To get the best image quality, and maximum movement, the lens needs to be stopped down to F11-11.5 on a GFX50, and about F8-8.5 on a 100mp unit. While you can stop down more to make anything a comparison will show the quality in comparison is around these parameters. a 90mm and longer lens, will give you the ability to stop down another stop from the above parameters. So 50mp MF can produce wonderful images at F16-16.5 with a 90mm lens and longer. And with 100mp sensors you can get to F11-11.5 wit a 90mm and longer lens.
We have tested a 100mp Phase back at both F11 and F8 and a 40mm Rodenstock. When compared with no adjustments, the F8 image was significantly better than the F11 image.
Then we ran the F11 through Capture One's tab for cleaning up diffraction, and it got a lot better. But it still was not as good as the untouched F8 image.
Just some observations.

Glad to see people are striving for quality.
Rod, out of curiosity, what is the price for this new mount? Also, when will it be available. As always, thanks!

RodK

The standard rotaFoot for F-line and M-line ARCA-SWISS cameras, is $658-$708, depending on the bayonet. The larger GFX 100 rotaFoot is $1100, which includes bayonet and a 20mm riser extension block.

Both versions of rotaFoot have a specific model# for F-line Universalis cameras, since the function carrier mount is different. Pricing will be the same as either version above.

Additional bayonets for a second digital camera are $125 - $175. Again, price depends on the bayonet.

You must also have one of our dslr bellows with magnetic connection, pricing range $434 to $715. Bellows are available in wide bag 10cm, wide pleated Universal 20cm, Standard pleated 24cm, and long pleated 50cm. Bellows have not changed for rotaFoot, so if you have an existing bellows, it will work just fine.

A long post with photos and discussion is available on our Instagram (and Facebook) page @arcaswissusa

Vilpo

And I am glad that Arca develope new products- I got my Fuji gfx adapter last week, and I find it a pity that i didnt know the new products before.
All my test shots are made with F11. this is the aperture that I use 90 procent in my work. Afcourse F8 would be better- on all lenses, but in the practical use it is mostly not possible. You can use F8 for landscapes and products shots, where you can tilt. But no way when shooting architecture. even with 35mm when you use tilt-shift lenses from canon-nikon you must take F11 to get good edges.
I try to use 5,6-8 with digaron 23 mm and digaron W 32,40,50 and SW 90 mm. I see the difference even on the old 80MP back, but you need a subject that allows you to use F8. This is the differance between theory and practical work.
And when you work you want to on the work, not only on technical stuff.
about the vignitting: the combo Fuji and arca have vignitting that starts with 18 mm vertical shift or horizontal 25mm.
I tested till now 47,55, digaron 50 mm.
Do you still shoot LCCs to correct vingnetting with Arca Fuji combo?
Is the GFX adapter you are using the one for Dslr-bellows and L-bracket or the one that fits directly to M-two mf rear frame?

Thumbs up for the new Rotafoot anyway.

Alkibiades

Do you still shoot LCCs to correct vingnetting with Arca Fuji combo?
Is the GFX adapter you are using the one for Dslr-bellows and L-bracket or the one that fits directly to M-two mf rear frame?

Thumbs up for the new Rotafoot anyway.
All shots donr here are just for testing and are fuji JPG without LCC.
Yes, the adapter is the dslr bellows that I usually used for Sony and a magnetic adapter GFX to the bellows. And the L-bracket...

Alkibiades

That would be great. Also, do you know whether HR40 and Schneider 43 work with GFX100S without any limitations?
both lense : HR40 and 43xl can be used with arca Swiss- fuji gfx combo, but with limitation in movements;
- 40 HR is limited to 7 mm movement- same as with the 35HR
- 43 xl is limited to 5 mm movement
the limitation are there when focus on infitity you are already inside the fuji body.
so the widest lens without limitation is the 47xl.

cuida1991

both lense : HR40 and 43xl can be used with arca Swiss- fuji gfx combo, but with limitation in movements;
- 40 HR is limited to 7 mm movement- same as with the 35HR
- 43 xl is limited to 5 mm movement
the limitation are there when focus on infitity you are already inside the fuji body.
so the widest lens without limitation is the 47xl.
Thank you so much for the reply. That's really bad news.

orftoden

Thank you so much for the reply. That's really bad news.
Let's not forget that you can still use the Schneider 28mm digitar with no restrictions. Some people complain about the CA, but my limited experience with this lens has indicated that it's easily removed in C1.

Alkibiades

Let's not forget that you can still use the Schneider 28mm digitar with no restrictions. Some people complain about the CA, but my limited experience with this lens has indicated that it's easily removed in C1.
Do you mean the old 28mm Digitar with 60 mm image circle?

orftoden

Do you mean the old 28mm Digitar with 60 mm image circle?
Yes. The ic is small, but it is not as large of an issue with the Fuji’s smaller sensor. I haven’t been able to test it out fully. My initial impressions are that it’s not as sharp as the 47mm digitar, but with a little sharpening, it is more than usable for shooting landscapes. The ic would probably be an issue for architecture.

vjbelle

If the 47XL will work with the M2 then a Rody 50mm should also work and certainly is a superior lens to the Schneider (IMO). The Schneider would have the advantage of almost no distortion but that is about where it ends. The Schneider allows a distance of 3.3mm from the end of the rear lens element of the Schneider to the GFX lens mount. The Rody 50mm would allow 5mm of distance. If the Rody were shifted 17mm LR in portrait position it turns into a lens with a FOV equal to a 35mm lens. That is as wide as I would ever need.

Victor B.

Alkibiades

If the 47XL will work with the M2 then a Rody 50mm should also work and certainly is a superior lens to the Schneider (IMO). The Schneider would have the advantage of almost no distortion but that is about where it ends. The Schneider allows a distance of 3.3mm from the end of the rear lens element of the Schneider to the GFX lens mount. The Rody 50mm would allow 5mm of distance. If the Rody were shifted 17mm LR in portrait position it turns into a lens with a FOV equal to a 35mm lens. That is as wide as I would ever need.

Victor B.
Afcourse the 50 mm HR works.
I added here also pics of the 50 HR, just read...

vjbelle

Ah..... missed it. Thanks for posting. I do not own that lens but have the 90 SW and the 138 float both of which are stellar. The 50 Digaron would be as wide as I would need on the GFX and as mentioned above if I needed wider then I could shift 17mm LR and have a fov of a 35mm lens.

Victor B.