The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Be Careful with Your Digital Backs!!

darr

I received the 50c on Tuesday as Hasselblad USA said I would be receiving it. Hasselblad tested the repair and so have I in the studio and outside. It works as before (wonderfully), but has been cleaned and the numbering was definitely reset. As soon as I can get to it, I will be placing it up for sale, and I am thinking $4K wold be a fair price. May take me a week or so to get it on schedule for a set of photos, and I will post a link here to the FS post after it has been created. Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread, shared their experiences, and more importantly to me personally, thank you to those that offered me their support.

Kind regards,
Darr

jng

I received the 50c on Tuesday as Hasselblad USA said I would be receiving it. Hasselblad tested the repair and so have I in the studio and outside. It works as before (wonderfully), but has been cleaned and the numbering was definitely reset. As soon as I can get to it, I will be placing it up for sale, and I am thinking $4K wold be a fair price. May take me a week or so to get it on schedule for a set of photos, and I will post a link here to the FS post after it has been created. Thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread, shared their experiences, and more importantly to me personally, thank you to those that offered me their support.

Kind regards,
Darr
Hi Darr,

I’m glad this all worked out for you. Your equanimity in navigating this unfortunate event is a good lesson about keeping life’s smaller (i.e., not truly life or death) curveballs in perspective. I‘m also just a bit more mindful when unmounting and mounting my MFDB!

John

darr

Hi Darr,

I’m glad this all worked out for you. Your equanimity in navigating this unfortunate event is a good lesson about keeping life’s smaller (i.e., not truly life or death) curveballs in perspective. I‘m also just a bit more mindful when unmounting and mounting my MFDB!

John

Thank you John!
And yes, "I‘m also just a bit more mindful when unmounting and mounting my MFDB!"

Best to you,
Darr