The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

P. Chong

A wet morning, so went for a walkabout at an older part of town - Tiong Bahru. All photographs are taken with the Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD 4/28 lens.

The first image is a typical food centre. Open air. Free seating. Stalls in the peripheral serving a variety of local food. This centre is on the second floor of a three storey building. Up one floor is the roof top car park.

tiongbahru-foodcentre.jpg

And on the ground floor, a wet market. Selling mostly fresh produce. Like this fishmonger.

tiongbahru-fishmonger.jpg

And florist

tiongbahru-flowershop.jpg

The external view of the building

tiongbahru-market.jpg

darr

Hasselblad 907x + XCD 45mm f/4 P

--

First time out with the 907x, and did not really understand how to use it! o_O
Now I have read the parts of the manual that I should have read prior to taking it out, so hopefully I will get some time real soon to play again.
This is my first auto-anything mf camera, but I read how to shoot manual with a few auto features (exposure bracketing and focus bracketing) which will be handy.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Very much enjoying all the lovely images and especially the beautiful birds, Joe!!

Kind regards,
Darr

spb

Staff member

Hasselblad 907x + XCD 45mm f/4 P

--

First time out with the 907x, and did not really understand how to use it! o_O
Now I have read the parts of the manual that I should have read prior to taking it out, so hopefully I will get some time real soon to play again.
This is my first auto-anything mf camera, but I read how to shoot manual with a few auto features (exposure bracketing and focus bracketing) which will be handy.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Very much enjoying all the lovely images and especially the beautiful birds, Joe!!

Kind regards,
Darr
Darr, enjoy the experimentation with 'auto-anything'!

Thorkil

sometimes one can be in a need for a simple tune, and one could for example take this one, done by the dane Kwamie Liv, in a tribute to the in Denmark immense popular and legendary Kim Larsen (when he passed away, by cancer, 2 years ago, people were gathering in the streets in huge numbers, singing he's songs as a tribute to the poet and fiddler that, if anyone, delivered what you might call the soul of the danish people)... but you might have to turn it up loud and full screen

and back again

Hasselblad X1D with XCD 45)/4 at iso100 1/90 f8
Thorkil

Last edited:

etrump

I was fortunate to sell the following image in a 5 foot by 20 foot print. The original image was photographed last year about this time except it was a single exposure with the 40-80 lens cropped to fit the clients space. I got the bright idea I would simply photograph it again and stitch using the 240mm exposures. Since the client had already approved a proof I did my best to get the same "look" using the same sky. Easy in my mind but not so much in real life. Anyway, I thought it turned out surprising close to the original so I think I am good to go.

Turned out to be six exposures with the 240 with almost not crop from the bottom. Went from 12,000 pixels wide to 38,000 so the difference in detail should be noticable.

XFII/IQ4150 240mm six shot stitch:
P0044162 Panorama PS Sky w Fog Final Darker Meadow.jpg

Before sunrise it looked pretty nice as well (same 6 shots with the 240mm with no crop). I often photograph the skies separately from my main subject and this was no exception. It's difficult to catch the right light on the subject and the sky at the same time. It also makes it easy to position the sky as pleasing as possible.

Pinnacle Mountain Dawn.jpg

I have permission to enter the ranch but further down the hill is not as good a view for this scene.

IMG_2548.jpg

Finally here is the installation mockup and will the largest I have done.

surgerylobby option 0.jpg