The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

dave.gt

Ah, me, too! Thank you!:)

I have a dozen images of this flower with different natural lighting and compositions to go through after I finish the yardscape list. We have no experience with the QE rose but this first flower to bloom is promising!!!

I may need to purchase one or two more.:)

Royalty is nice to have in the garden, and it complements the Presidential Rose (Mr. Lincoln) very well.:):):)

dave.gt

Love and Peace Hybrid Tea Rose.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Love and Peace Opening Bud by Leica S May 14, 2021 8x8.jpg

This image was yesterday as the flower had just begun to open

Today, I visited with the same flower as it fully opened. Captures from early morning, mid-morning and afternoon/late afternoon were stunning as this flower presented a perfectly symmetrical bloom.

Tomorrow, I will post the full presentation image. I am flat on my back for the rest of the evening as apparently, the day spent working in the garden has rendered me incapable of sitting at my computer...again.

Last edited:

dave.gt

It is fascinating to watch over a long period of time for a rose to develop, reaching upward, always, growing imperceptibly but always evolving from a bud, to an unfolding bloom that changes daily. And then, the final presentation lasting only a few days before the petals drop and fall to the ground. :)

So long to get here, and such a long time gone.

Last edited:

dave.gt

As the first flush fades, I am happy to have the time to edit and process all the images shot thus far.:):):)
Here is one of the last Queen Elizabeth Hybrid Tea Roses in the late afternoon.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
Queen Elizabeth by Leica S May 2021 8x8.jpg

dave.gt

Spring flush has now turned to the June lull... with a few late blooms still around, the garden is still lovely.

I am almost finished with the landscape changes in anticipation of a garden party celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary next month. It has taken me many weeks of hard work, including replacing a number of roses that did not survive the winter (actually the Great Weed Killer Experiment/Accident, LOL)

Here is one of the budding blooms that caught my eye.

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
QE Rose Bud by Leica S June 2021 8x8.jpeg

dave.gt

As we await the second flush, I must admit that it would be nice to see other S owners posting images on this thread.

It will be some time before we are able to leave home for overnight trips. Until then, florals are about my only option.

Hopefully more posts by others will continue to add value to this extremely informative thread for Leica S cameras.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
As we await the second flush, I must admit that it would be nice to see other S owners posting images on this thread.

It will be some time before we are able to leave home for overnight trips. Until then, florals are about my only option.

Hopefully more posts by others will continue to add value to this extremely informative thread for Leica S cameras.
Good point, Dave!

I've taken variants of this shot many times, but the composition here is simpler than the others. S3, S120mm

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

And a torrential rain. I've always found it hard to get rain to look anything like our eyes see it. I quite like the converging lines, though, as our brain always edits it out when looking at rain. S3, S24mm

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

Matt

Last edited:

dave.gt

Really, I need to start back with some black and white images... thanks for inspiring me to do so, Matt!:)