The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

scho

Today was a total washout so still haven't been out in the field with the new camera. A couple of handheld AF shots with the 80/1.7 wide open in low light, indoors and a shot through an open deck door in the rain. Click for full size.

nathantw

Super Flower Blood Moon
View attachment 185421
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat + APO 1.4XE | f/8 | 0.5s | ISO 3200​
This image is from a 48 Mp crop - it seems that 490mm of focal length doesn't go as far as it used to these days!

John
Thank you for the photo with that particular lens and converter. It’s absolutely incredibly sharp, even at 1/2 second exposure. I’ve been wanting to buy that combo for years but could never pull the trigger. Also photo examples are hard to come by, so it was nice to see your photo.

spb

Staff member

Hasselblad X1D with XCD 45/4P at iso100 1/180 f6.8

thorkil
I actually almost had sellers remorse today at an open day at my dealer. there was the 907X with the elusive 'pancake lens'.... so I picked it up and it felt very nice until I was told they still have delays of at least a month to order that 'tiny' lens. Glad I moved back to Fujifilm and Black Magic Designs. Lovely image here though.

scho

A brief, cold walkabout in intermittent drizzle near the old boathouse on the south end of Cayuga Lake. Boathouse is now undergoing major renovation and I will miss my old grunge motifs, but also pleased that improvements are finally underway after decades of procrastination.
Waterfowl pond between boathouse and Cayuga Lake. There were 5-6 birds perched on the dead tree and at least two appear to br barn swallows. Click for full size (50 MP).

Rear of boathouse with new decking and old bench removed.

Old window with partial sill removal and window glass tag.

View towards Cornell campus skyline (commencement day tomorrow) "far above Cayuga's waters", on Fall Creek next to boathouse.

All with GFX 100s with GF 80/1.7

Last edited:

jng

Rising Super Flower Moon
P05_25_2021_0922_923-24_AFA_stitch-2x1_v3-FrameShop.jpg
WRS 1250 | Zeiss 250 Superachromat | f/22 | +/- 10mm 2-image stitch | 30s Automated Frame Average​

Stopping down the Superachromat to f/22 felt like sacrilege. While Phase One's automated frame averaging is terrific, moving headlights can pose a challenge. I needed to stop down to lengthen the exposure to eliminate artifacts from the streaming headlights on the bridge. C1's diffraction correction mitigated any damage done by my indiscretions...

John

Last edited:

dave.gt

Rising Super Flower Moon
View attachment 185472
WRS 1250 | Zeiss 250 Superachromat | f/22 | +/- 10mm 2-image stitch | 30s Automated Frame Average​

Stopping down the Superachromat to f/22 felt like sacrilege. While Phase One's automated frame averaging is terrific, moving headlights can pose a challenge. I needed to stop down to lengthen the exposure to eliminate artifacts from the streaming headlights on the bridge. C1's diffraction correction mitigated any damage done by my indiscretions...

John

Thorkil

Beautiful structure, what is its function?
Hi
North of Copenhagen there is a deerpark established by the king in 1670, mainly for hunting, for him and his upperclass-friends. But it has always been open for the public, but not for hunting.

The deerpark (in Danish: Dyrehaven) is on the Unesco’s list of world heritage, and it is rather special and unique. Its hard to find a place like this around the world.

There are around 2.000 wild deer here. And the hunters employed by the state shoot around 6-700 deers every year, to keep the amount on a sustainable level. They sell the meat to private people and to restaurants.

There are 5 “wildhouses” original for feeding the deer in the wintertime, with the barn-function on first floor to store the hay for the winter. But they don’t use that function anymore, but just spread it primarily by tractors. The x-carriers in front and behind are provided with horizontal battens in the autumn to hold the hay in the wintertime.

This one is called Schimmelmann’s wildhouse and was build in 1890.

KR Thorkil

scho

Hi
North of Copenhagen there is a deerpark established by the king in 1670, mainly for hunting, for him and his upperclass-friends. But it has always been open for the public, but not for hunting.

The deerpark (in Danish: Dyrehaven) is on the Unesco’s list of world heritage, and it is rather special and unique. Its hard to find a place like this around the world.

There are around 2.000 wild deer here. And the hunters employed by the state shoot around 6-700 deers every year, to keep the amount on a sustainable level. They sell the meat to private people and to restaurants.

There are 5 “wildhouses” original for feeding the deer in the wintertime, with the barn-function on first floor to store the hay for the winter. But they don’t use that function anymore, but just spread it primarily by tractors. The x-carriers in front and behind are provided with horizontal battens in the autumn to hold the hay in the wintertime.

This one is called Schimmelmann’s wildhouse and was build in 1890.

KR Thorkil
Thorkil,
Thank you for the interesting report. I assume that the park would be closed to the public when the hunters are culling the herd. Is this a single annual culling event?
Best regards,
Carl

Thorkil

Thorkil,
Thank you for the interesting report. I assume that the park would be closed to the public when the hunters are culling the herd. Is this a single annual culling event?
Best regards,
Carl
Hi Carl, no they don't. I telephoned once to the Danish Nature Agency and got hold of an Chief Forester connected to Dyrehaven, because I felt a bit unsecure, while some time they shot what seemed rather close to me. I asked if there were some days in the week where they didn't shoot. No he answered, while we have to kill around 600 deer a year, its two a day, so we can't take a break. But he could assure me that they knew what they were doing, and has been doing that for the last 300 years without any accident. They always hit them in the heart, 1 shot, one dead animal, they are falling drop-dead all the time. They are not sparetime-hunters, but do it every day, all the year. And they always keep the area behind the deer secure. So I decided to no more feel unsecure. We walk, Irene and I, there 3-4 times every week (when not away) all the year, and a lot of people do so. So it will be more unsecure to drive to the local grocery :)
KR Thorkil
PS. take a look here
sorry, only in danish without subtitles, but you get an idea of the one shot in the heart

Last edited:

scho

Hi Carl, no they don't. I telephoned once to the Danish Nature Agency and got hold of an Chief Forester connected to Dyrehaven, because I felt a bit unsecure, while some time they shot what seemed rather close to me. I asked if there were some days in the week where they didn't shoot. No he answered, while we have to kill around 600 deer a year, its two a day, so we can't take a break. But he could assure me that they knew what they were doing, and has been doing that for the last 300 years without any accident. They always hit them in the heart, 1 shot, one dead animal, they are falling drop-dead all the time. They are not sparetime-hunters, but do it every day, all the year. And they always keep the area behind the deer secure. So I decided to no more feel unsecure. We walk, Irene and I, there 3-4 times every week (when not away) all the year, and a lot of people do so. So it will be more unsecure to drive to the local grocery :)
KR Thorkil
PS. take a look here
sorry, only in danish without subtitles, but you get an idea of the one shot in the heart
Thorkil,
Thank you for the informative video. As you say it seems quite civilized and safe. I participated in a deer culling event at Montezuma National wildlife refuge at the north end of Cayuga Lake one time many years ago when I used to hunt deer with bow and arrow. It was a chaotic, badly organized event and very dangerous with untrained hunters shooting arrows indiscriminately through the trees with no regard for the safety of others around them. I stayed for less than an hour and left, thankful that I wasn't killed.
Best regards,
Carl