The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just wondering, how many times do you head out to shoot and just end up driving around scoping out future opportunities? As I get older I spend more time not shooting vs shooting everything and editing later.

Thoughts?

stngoldberg

I scout every time I leave my house. Its a wonder that I don’t get into more auto accidents. Difficult to keep my eyes on the road
stanley

Last edited:

Shashin

Just wondering, how many times do you head out to shoot and just end up driving around scoping out future opportunities? As I get older I spend more time not shooting vs shooting everything and editing later.

Thoughts?
Actually, I really hate the car. I need to walk to really work. Perhaps the was growing up in the UK were folks walk more, or at least don't have to drive for half an hour to take a walk. But I do go between shooting selectively and prolifically. The type camera can dictate that as well.

rmueller

I was wondering, the sky looks better (with blue) in the BTS. Is there something with the Dynamic range in the main pic?
The final image is with de-saturated colors and a LUT applied to achieve the look I'm after in this series. The BTS is with iPhone and no post-processing.

dj may

The process is simple; arrive on location, set up and wait until dark. This time, the temperature did not drop below freezing, therefore remaining comfortable was not a problem (I have frozen body parts in the past).
Gornergrat_2021-06-12 21.58.07.jpg

Leica S3, APO-Elmar-S 180