The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

darr

X-Pro2 + Hasselblad 100/3.5 CFi

--

Not that I was looking for one, but I found a used Fotodiox Hasselblad V lens to Fuji X adapter that helped a recent KEH order get free shipping. Made this backyard photo shortly after the adapter arrived. Interestingly, my 80 CF lens will not lock on the adapter, but has no problem on my other cameras. Tried all my CFi lenses and they lock just fine. Guess Hasselblad changed more than just cosmetics when they upgraded the CF lenses. To anyone that is interested, it was not difficult to use the adapter (set camera to "shoot without lens") as the X-Pro2's meter works fine with the lens and so did the len's aperture. The adapter is better made than the Fotodiox Nikon to Fuji X adapter I have, and it comes with a built in lens foot because as you can imagine the Hasselblad lenses are heavy for the Fuji. It was easy to handhold as the lens foot is circular and fits in the palm of my hand. Planning on playing around with this setup as I am a bit bored at the moment and need some new inspiration. 😌