The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

Swissblad

Rayyan, isn't Lofoten? One place I would really like to go, perhaps next life, who knows...
thorkil
Definitely looks like Lofoten...perhaps Svolvaer.
Stunningly beautiful place.
Our most memorable visit was in the early 90's - travelling by bike - camping next to fjords - not a cabin or person in sight.

rayyan

Thanks folks for the likes.
Thorkil, Swissblad; I couldn't name the exact place but around there somewhere.
What a wonderful place and holiday we had. We liked Scandinavia so much, we went there 5-6 times!!

Best regards.

Thorkil

just a short notice for us Nikon Z and Tamron 90 Macro owners (model F017), finally we can deliver the lens to our dealer and get it updated for the FTZ mount on our Z's.
Really good news for the patient Tamron owner. And for my part I can save the money for a Z 105 macro.

chrism

It's been a long time since I posted in the fun-with-Nikon thread. Pretty much exclusively analog these last few years (F6 though - go look at the analog forum!), and much less of that than there should have been as I dealt with some medical threats. It's been, quite literally, years since I tried to use a digital Nikon, and I see that in the meantime I have been (perhaps irreversibly) damaged by my dabblings in 10x8 film. So I went to check on the builders' progress at the house we should have moved into 18 months ago. And instead of a normal photo, I ended up with this:

Nikon D850, AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G VR

I may try to overcome this, but I am sworn to avoid the over-manipulated HDR nonsense. I'm a film person born and bred, and trying to find a place in the digital world now and then while I still spend 90% of my time developing film.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
@chrism

I honestly don't know many of us who came from film that don't "avoid the over-manipulated HDR nonsense." I dislike it myself, but I suspect many believe it's a way to add interest to an otherwise droll image. To me it's "lipstick on a pig."

bernardl

wonderful pictures, Bernard!
Thank you very much!

These were captured 2 days after my Z7II and 105mm f2.8 S took a full dive in a river together with me. It still suffered damage with a cost of 650 US$, but kept working well enough to capture these. :) Quite remarkable really.

Cheers,
Bernard