The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

vjbelle

From my very recent trip to Aspen. The color will be gone by the end of next week as a storm is forecasted. I was here for four days just to photograph this location. Some were good and others were a little not so good but you get what you get. I have a couple of other images that I may post that will show some frame averaging images but this image was on a clear morning and fairly cold.

Phase 4150, Rody 90mm, a little rise, Actus

P0001447.jpg

drevil

Staff member

From my hike yesterday, i haven't walked this route in more than three years, since the locals started to block us from going there, great wall preservation.
Hard to tell them that we do this for years and we watch out to not damage the great wall, in other words, we know what we are doing.

i opted for the long version of the hike which is around 12km and it took us 7 hours to finish, as we had 3 new comers.

a few more images here

Pieter 12

From my very recent trip to Aspen. The color will be gone by the end of next week as a storm is forecasted. I was here for four days just to photograph this location. Some were good and others were a little not so good but you get what you get. I have a couple of other images that I may post that will show some frame averaging images but this image was on a clear morning and fairly cold.

Phase 4150, Rody 90mm, a little rise, Actus

View attachment 188546
Maroon Bells?

Ed Hurst

Bit of fun this one...

Last year, I went to Sydney's Turimetta Beach for the green rocks and the sky didn't quite 'sing' (shot with Pentax 645Z). Decided to composite it with a recent shot taken from the same place, with the same lens, but Fuji GFX100S. The two files seem to play quite nicely together, don't they?

Turimetta Magic by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Last edited:

Satrycon

the Acros red simulation is quite delicious
on cloudy rainy days i set the camera to jpg only and always use Acros-RED...looks best on those dreary dull days

Thanks, very impressive to be honest, would have never thought this is an ooc image.

drevil

Staff member

Today I took a portrait of my colleague's father, he will turn 66 soon. In the past, every now and then, we met at his house to have lunch. His house is located in a very central part of Beijing in a hutong and he has a nice small yard where we sit for an hour or two and talk and eat what he cooked for us.
My colleague asked me to take his picture today and who am I to say no? Even though portraits are not my specialty.
I brought my Leica M10M with V4 noct and my beloved Contax645, 80F2 with the P65+ / Image taken at F4

The M10M images turned out horribly due to user error, but the C645 images did really shine, even though I took those images at Iso200.

I am starting to fall in love with the Contax system again.

Ed Hurst

Not my usual style of image, but I had to get out today to record the final trip of one of Sydney's famous Manly ferries. Plying their way the seven nautical miles from Circular Quay (in the centre of Sydney) to Manly wharf (on the city's Northern Beaches), the ferry is one of the historic sights people come to see and enjoy. The current vessels date back to the 80s, but they are about to be retired and replaced by smaller, soulless, modern heaps of junk! It's been very controversial, with enormous campaigns to save them; so far, two out of the four vessels are to be kept to operate weekend and special services, but they won't just be the whole, normal fleet as they were. And two of them are being retired. The Minister responsible for the decision has stood down from state politics, so I guess the decision will just stand without anyone to carry the can. Oh well!

Today was the last trip of one of the vessels, Queenscliff. An emotional occasion that attracted big crowds to watch. Here are my two sons, Archie(7) and Henry (5), watching as she departs from Manly for the very last time.

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45 DA lens