The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

P. Chong

Earlier today...dinner time...about 630pm, rather early for the main evening crowd. It does get a bit busier at peak dinner time...from about 7pm to 8pm. This is one of our favourite places to have Japanese wagyu. Casual. Inexpensive.

Fujifilm GFX 50S II with GF50. Shot raw, converted to Acros BW in ACR and cropped to 6524 X-Pan mode in PS.

japanese-restaurant1.jpg

gurtch

My first outing with this camera. Lenses used were 23mm, 32-64mm, 100-200mm all at f16, ISO 400, all hand held, except the 100-200 I used a monopod. I really like the camera. The IBIS suits an 84 year old guy.

Dave
The camera is a Fuji GFX 100S.
Dave

nalye

Good times living in the city where the Currywurst has been invented. On the downside is the fact that this place where it was not invented is open nearly 24/7 and therefore charges accordingly double-ish from what you normally pay. But hey, had a good time chatting with the owner and generally spending a late evening with some nice people :) Nothing fancy to show, really, but a nice picture of the atmosphere.

Job_0023_kleiner.jpg
(and I do know that for example Curry36 is far better but I could not be bothered to walk further)

P. Chong

Berlin, right? is this the one where you can grab a bottle of champagne with your curry wurst?

Good times living in the city where the Currywurst has been invented. On the downside is the fact that this place where it was not invented is open nearly 24/7 and therefore charges accordingly double-ish from what you normally pay. But hey, had a good time chatting with the owner and generally spending a late evening with some nice people :) Nothing fancy to show, really, but a nice picture of the atmosphere.

(and I do know that for example Curry36 is far better but I could not be bothered to walk further)

docholliday

As some of you know, I never post work either because 1) it's contracted to a client or under embargo or 2) it's personal work for a reason. However, every so often, I do get done early enough to find something fun to shoot that's not too serious. So, here's two for @darr and all you working folks out there. Here's to the martini shot!

CF314874.jpg

CF314889.jpg

P. Chong

I was there once, about 10 years ago. It was at least 3am, after a hard night of partying...we dropped in for a bite. And we saw Angela Merkel getting her Currywurst fix there...ok, we were quite drunk, but positive it was her...probably...

Exactly this place, yes. A cool 580 Euros for a bottle.

nalye

I was there once, about 10 years ago. It was at least 3am, after a hard night of partying...we dropped in for a bite. And we saw Angela Merkel getting her Currywurst fix there...ok, we were quite drunk, but positive it was her...probably...
It's possible, her predecessor Schröder basically introduced this place as the one for the political elite to get their Currywurst fix. (Sorry for being off topic here)

darr

As some of you know, I never post work either because 1) it's contracted to a client or under embargo or 2) it's personal work for a reason. However, every so often, I do get done early enough to find something fun to shoot that's not too serious. So, here's two for @darr and all you working folks out there. Here's to the martini shot!

View attachment 189282

View attachment 189283
Such beauty, doc!!
Thank you for taking the time to shoot and share.
Definitely a place I would rather be. 😀
Made my week!!

Kind regards,
Darr