The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Then let's kick things off with a cliché! Sunset, in this case. (The sun is behind me and to my right.)
Leica S3, S70/2.5 wide open. 1/80 second, ISO 800

And yes, this is a tight-ish crop. My other pics of this view were taken with a Leica S120 and a Zeiss 250.

Matt

Last edited:

P. Chong

The Fullerton Hotel in Singapore. This is an interesting building, as it started life as the General Post Office of Singapore in 1924. The Fullerton Building was named after Robert Fullerton, the first Governor of the Straits Settlements (1826–1829). It now houses a high end 5 star hotel.

The photograph below shows the Fullerton on the right, with the Cavenagh Bridge in the foreground. And in the distance is the new Esplanade Theaters and the Marina Bay civil district. Cavenagh Bridge is the only suspension bridge in Singapore, spanning the lower reaches of the Singapore River in the Downtown Core. Opened in 1869.

Fujifilm GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HC 3.5-4.5/50-110 + H Adapter.

fullerton-hotel.jpg

More photographs, including the interior here. BTW, the two dark dots you see, one above the cantilevered part on top of Pan Pacific is a bird and the one on the roof of the Esplanade is a man working. The full resolution photograph resolves both in detail.

dave.gt

With all due respect all around, in five years are we going to have six fun threads? I find this annual thread thing already tedious.

Just my humble opinion as I appreciate simplicity.

Perhaps there may be a better way? I don’t know..

MGrayson

With all due respect all around, in five years are we going to have six fun threads? I find this annual thread thing already tedious.

Just my humble opinion as I appreciate simplicity.

Perhaps there may be a better way? I don’t know..
We already have a dozen Fun threads - for different cameras and media. But your point is well taken. There has been a looong running debate about silos.

jeffreybehr

We already have a dozen Fun threads - for different cameras and media. But your point is well taken. There has been a looong running debate about silos.
'Silos'? Is that a joke that I'm missing?

And FWIW, I too find that annual collections lead to having TOO MANY collections.. How about changing the title of the '21 model to '2021 and later' and combining the '22 model into it?

MGrayson

'Silos'? Is that a joke that I'm missing?

And FWIW, I too find that annual collections lead to having TOO MANY collections.. How about changing the title of the '21 model to '2021 and later' and combining the '22 model into it?
"Silo" is just a term for vertical organization. For instance, when the person who designs something reports to a different branch of the company than the person who builds it, and the person who names it, and the person who markets it, and if any two of these people disagree, it has to go up to the CEO, that's a siloed organization. So having a thread for images from Pentax cameras, and one for Sony cameras, and one for Medium Format cameras, but then Leica has its own thread in Medium format, and ... Adding years just makes for more silos - ok, maybe these are horizontal strata - I don't know.

No joke intended.

dave.gt

Either way, it is a nice capture. Light is always refreshing and inspiring to not only catch it like you did but to simply be there and experience it. I miss those days. :(

Thanks for sharing.:)

dave.gt

Cool… I need to up my game… too many images to process at the moment but I hope to get it done soon. Or at least in time to post in 2022! I miss color processing after weeks of black and white.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to more posting by everyone on this forum!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.