The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone

I love this combination. Via which body&adapter?
Thank you! Unfortunately the IQ1 60 does not have an electronic shutter, so for a long time I couldn't adapt lenses well. But recently I came across a Kapture TrueWide, which is essentially a sliding back, a Copal 3 shutter, and a Nikon F mount. The Nikon mount causes a fair bit of vignetting, therefore I need to always crop parts of the image, but I can live with that limitation. 24mm is really wide on the large sensor.

drevil

Staff member

After alot of stress with locals again, we managed to complete our hike near the town of gubeikou today, it started out to be -9°c in the morning but it was very bareable later on.

in the last image you can see three different sections, starting from the gubeikou town in the forefront, then in the little slightly right jinshanling(heavily restored) and then on the right side you can see the simatai section crawling up the mountain.
unfortunately the slight snow from last week didnt fall in this area or it was too warm, but still this landscape amazes me again and again.

C645 with P65+ and 35mm and 120mm

Ed Hurst

On Saturday, I took a trip to the Hunter Valley. To those of you unfamiliar with NSW, it's an area rich with coal, full of mines, power stations and major flows of coal trains. My main purpose was to record Liddell and Bayswater Power Stations while they are still in full operation. Decommissioning is due to start this year and, in the longer-term, the days of coal-fired power generation in Australia are numbered (though not, in the view of many, soon enough). While I welcome the coming demise of such things, their passing will nonetheless represent the end of an era. I want to record some of this, in a powerful setting, while it's still possible. When I have had time to process the images, I'll post some of the best of them here (likely to be later this week, or into next week). In the meantime, there's this...

While I was shooting a star trail image over the power stations, I set the other camera up pointing in the other direction to record the passing of coal trains in the dark. Next to a country road, a few cars passed too. It was a moonlit night, so that adds to the scene.

Pentax 645Z with 25mm DA lens

jng

Rodeo Beach Sunset
1-17-22_X1D_4677-cr_15-0-0-low-light-FrameShop_1.jpg
Hasselblad X1D | XCD 21 | f/11 | 10s​

The sunsets around the San Francisco Bay Area have been spectacular all week, but alas I've been chained to my computer with work. However this afternoon I managed to break free and head out to the Marin Headlands just north of the city. The sky and tide cooperated to make for a lovely evening (not shown is the gaggle of other photographers who were standing just outside my frame).

John

jeffreybehr

Rodeo Beach Sunset
View attachment 191058
Hasselblad X1D | XCD 21 | f/11 | 10s​

The sunsets around the San Francisco Bay Area have been spectacular all week, but alas I've been chained to my computer with work. However this afternoon I managed to break free and head out to the Marin Headlands just north of the city. The sky and tide cooperated to make for a lovely evening (not shown is the gaggle of other photographers who were standing just outside my frame).

John
That is approximately spectacular, John; TYVM for posting.. Wish it were mine.

• Thanks
Reactions: jng
Status
Not open for further replies.