The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

k-hawinkler

Thank you Bart for the pointer here:

Updated my 50S successfully.

Knorp

Hi there K-H,
I'm still a little puzzled as I never read anything anywhere about this issue before.
I'm using an external card reader (Lexar) and import my images with Capture One (macOS).
And after successful import the card will be ejected automatically.
Then I delete the images in camera.
What could possibly go wrong ?
Also I very much doubt if I will ever hit the 9999 files mark even when writing images both as RAW and JPEG files.
Come to think of it even 999 files is very unlikely in my case ... :unsure:

All the best.

k-hawinkler

Hi there K-H,
I'm still a little puzzled as I never read anything anywhere about this issue before.
I'm using an external card reader (Lexar) and import my images with Capture One (macOS).
And after successful import the card will be ejected automatically.
Then I delete the images in camera.
What could possibly go wrong ?
Also I very much doubt if I will ever hit the 9999 files mark even when writing images both as RAW and JPEG files.
Come to think of it even 999 files is very unlikely in my case ... :unsure:

All the best.
Thank you Bart.
I agree, I never have nor would I ever run into this problem with my 50S.
Similarly to you, I manually copy the images from the card to my mac, then eject and format the card in the 50S.
Following Fuji’s recommendation to use their latest firmware I updated. End of Fuji story for me.

If such an issue existed for my Sony cameras - which it doesn’t - that would be a different story.
When shooting birds I routinely fill up both memory cards in the A1 with about 6,000 images each.
At 30 FPS that happens faster than I would like.
Of course, in the end I may only keep a handful.

That’s why the new OM-1 might be tempting.
Set correctly, one would only shoot into the buffer except for the last few frames.
I wish Sony would copy that feature from Olympus.

Thanks again Bart for the pointer.