The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

diggles

My dad and I went for another short camping trip. This time to Great Sand Dunes National Park. Our original plan was to camp for two nights, but we were only able to get the campsite for one. We went scouting for first come first serve campsites behind the dunes on the 'primitive' 4x4 road for the second night, but our efforts to find one were thwarted by a creek that we decided was too risky to cross.

The sun was getting low before I headed out for a hike and had already gone behind the dunes, but there was still a bit of glow on the dunes when I took this one. The difference in brightness between the sand and mountains was too great for one exposure so I made a 3 bracket set at +/- 2 stops. The final composite only required two though.

I'm getting the hang of t/s on the WRS lenses. What is working for me is to focus far and tilt near. It usually takes a bit of back and forth to dial it in.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 43XL f11 (5mm of camera fall and a couple degrees of tilt to get everything from the sand at my feet to the mountains in focus.)
B0022584-2586-2048px.jpg

da_eltsch

The "decisive" moment ... when I found out my wide angle needs to get a little bit of calibration ;)

BowedTrees_BW.jpg

In reality some enchanted old forest close to "Germany's Märchenstraße" (Route of fairy tales)

Sinar LanTec - Rodi 32mm HR - Phase IQ3 100 - C1 black&white and cropped for format

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Always curious to see what a tech cam could do with the night sky, got the opportunity last week and said why not? Milky Way rising over Jekyl island on the Georgia coast.

Alpa STC, rodie 40, P1 IQ4150 Achromatic
with UV/IR filter
647ACB72-189F-4F1D-B180-EBD500D34DC9.jpeg
Without UV/IR filter (identical capture and post settings as above - f4, 30s, ISO6400, post settings same in C1)
F09F9CEA-A939-48AA-8914-7D9B56716253.jpeg

usm

Both where with 15mm movements.
The second was also tilted upward to get some sky.
Looking at posting, the second image is little bit too much on the red side...

tcdeveau

I believe it was part of a warehouse....specifically a textile mill. It's the only structure remaining from the mill and the rest of it was torn down to create a park with a playground and greenspace.

diggles

Just got back from a trip to Glacier NP and Grand Teton NP. Here are a few images from Glacier–since it rained both times I went out with the tech cam and the mountains were covered in clouds my focus was on intimate scenery.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 43XL f11 (about 10mm of camera fall)
B0022864-2560px.jpg

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 43XL f11 (about 5mm of camera rise and 10mm of left shift)
B0022925-2560px.jpg

With all the rain, the waterfall in Avalanche Creek Gorge was raging. In order to keep some detail in the water I had to use ISO 1600. It really surprises me how well such a high ISO holds up.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 43XL f11 (about 5mm of camera rise and 10mm of left shift)
B0022965-2560px.jpg

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 60XL f8 (about 5mm of camera rise and a couple degrees of tilt to get it all in focus)
B0022977-2560px.jpg

diggles

Here are some images from the second half of the trip. All mountains for this set. :) Grand Teton National park was sunny and clear skies–would have been ok with a few clouds though.

For this first one, I took one shot, reviewed it, and gave up on it. After seeing it on the computer I wish I would have spent more time on this idea.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 43XL f11
B0023095-2560px.jpg

The Tetons are definitely recognizable by their silhouette.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 90N f11 (Pano stitch - 15mm left, 0, 15mm right + about 3mm camera fall)
B0023236-3238-Pano-2560px.jpg

This one is probably more complicated that it should be. Taken with the 60XL in vertical orientation and left and right stitch of 15mm plus focus stacking. Two sets of images bracketed 1 stop and focused on the background, one set of images focused on the grass in the foreground. All blended together. I knew the water would help make focus stacking easier. The goal was to make it look 'natural'.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 60XL f11
B0023306-3320-2560px.jpg

My original plan was to make this one a panorama, but I like the simple one image shot better.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 60XL f11 (about 5mm of camera rise)
B0023346-2560px.jpg

dchew

Here are some images from the second half of the trip. All mountains for this set. :) Grand Teton National park was sunny and clear skies–would have been ok with a few clouds though.

For this first one, I took one shot, reviewed it, and gave up on it. After seeing it on the computer I wish I would have spent more time on this idea.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 43XL f11
View attachment 194685

The Tetons are definitely recognizable by their silhouette.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 90N f11 (Pano stitch - 15mm left, 0, 15mm right + about 3mm camera fall)
View attachment 194686

This one is probably more complicated that it should be. Taken with the 60XL in vertical orientation and left and right stitch of 15mm plus focus stacking. Two sets of images bracketed 1 stop and focused on the background, one set of images focused on the grass in the foreground. All blended together. I knew the water would help make focus stacking easier. The goal was to make it look 'natural'.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 60XL f11
View attachment 194687

My original plan was to make this one a panorama, but I like the simple one image shot better.

WRS 1600 + Hasselblad CFV II 50C + APO Digitar 60XL f11 (about 5mm of camera rise)
View attachment 194688
Warren,
Wonderful! I love the natural colors. The silhouette is marvelous. I can imagine being there; thank you for that.

Ciao,
Dave