The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

vjbelle

No pictures just a broken 100s..... My 100s mechanical shutter sticks when used in the portrait position. It's rare for me to use the mechanical shutter but recently I was shooting in some wind and wanted some additional stability so switched to EF mode and a higher ISO and after shooting an image got an error message to turn off/turn on camera but that didn't help. I was able to get everything working by orientating the camera to landscape position. No problems when in that position. It is 100% repeatable with no card or lens attached so a repair or replacement is necessary. I'm a couple of months out of warranty but this has been an issue with the 100s so maybe Fuji will honor it as a warranty.

Still have my Sony 7RM4 and my 4150 so it's not the end of the world but still kind of a bummer.

Victor B.

Rand47

No pictures just a broken 100s..... My 100s mechanical shutter sticks when used in the portrait position. It's rare for me to use the mechanical shutter but recently I was shooting in some wind and wanted some additional stability so switched to EF mode and a higher ISO and after shooting an image got an error message to turn off/turn on camera but that didn't help. I was able to get everything working by orientating the camera to landscape position. No problems when in that position. It is 100% repeatable with no card or lens attached so a repair or replacement is necessary. I'm a couple of months out of warranty but this has been an issue with the 100s so maybe Fuji will honor it as a warranty.

Still have my Sony 7RM4 and my 4150 so it's not the end of the world but still kind of a bummer.

Victor B.
Victor,

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted on Fuji's response re repair.

Rand

vjbelle

Victor,

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted on Fuji's response re repair.

Rand
$800.00. I toyed with just having them send the camera back but some day I'll want to sell it and I would never sell a defective item. 6 nice bottles of wine.....

Victor B.

k-hawinkler

I recently ruined my GF63 by placing the top of the lens on a surface before having turned off the camera GFX50S it was attached to. As the front of the lens extends or contracts while focusing that was too much as the heavy camera put too much weight on the focusing engine, so it froze. From then on the camera simply displayed the message “Turn camera off and on” whenever I switched the camera on with the broken GF63 attached. All my other lenses still worked fine on that camera. I sent the broken lens to Fuji and had it repaired without any problems for a fee as it was outside warranty. The GF63 now works fine again on my GFX50S. 👍

biglouis

I recently ruined my GF63 by placing the top of the lens on a surface before having turned off the camera GFX50S it was attached to. As the front of the lens extends or contracts while focusing that was too much as the heavy camera put too much weight on the focusing engine, so it froze. From then on the camera simply displayed the message “Turn camera off and on” whenever I switched the camera on with the broken GF63 attached. All my other lenses still worked fine on that camera. I sent the broken lens to Fuji and had it repaired without any problems for a fee as it was outside warranty. The GF63 now works fine again on my GFX50S. 👍
I was warned about this issue when I purchased the GF63 (now long gone). Apparently, the gear on the AF motor was undersized and strips very easily if force is accidentally applied.

LouisB

k-hawinkler

I was warned about this issue when I purchased the GF63 (now long gone). Apparently, the gear on the AF motor was undersized and strips very easily if force is accidentally applied.

LouisB
Yep, normally I have the camera switched off before I lay it down.
In this case I was still doing that. Big mistake. My excuse...

Amazing, I didn't use my Fuji gear in slightly more than a year. :(
That has to change. :)

Fresh Snow Overnight.

Fuji GFX 50S + GF63mm F2.8 R WR @ f/2.8, 1/900 s, ISO 100.

k-hawinkler

Fuji GFX 50S + GF120mm F4 R LM OIS WR Macro @ 120 mm (95 mm in 35mm), f/4, 1/350 s, ISO 100. Processed with DxO PL6.