The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2022

pegelli

Continuing on our hike on the Lower Little Harbour trail (post # 440 on the previous page)

Last look at the icebergs from the highest point of the Lower Little Harbour trail

Looking ~180 degrees in the opposite direction

The harbour/bay of Little Harbour

The natural arch

LR pano of three handheld photo's

House on the fjord (same house you see from the back two shots up above

All A7ii + Tamron FE 28-200 Di III RXD

Last edited:

ggibson

Summer swim meets are popular in our town. Swimmers range from age 4 all the way up to 18 year olds going off to college, and it's fun to see the whole range of ages and skills. My son is 6 and having a lot of fun. Parents volunteer for various jobs to run the meets, so of course I raised my hand for photography!

Last year I was shooting on the A7rII with both the Batis 85/1.8 and then later I purchased the Tamron 70-180/2.8 for better reach. The Tamron is also quite a bit faster to focus.. This year, I've been shooting a new A7IV with the Tamron exclusively and the combo is amazingly quick to snap focus on swimmers when they surface for air. The face recognition is also quite adept at cutting through water droplets and spray. I will be uploading more of my favorites from the summer over the next week or two.

MVP Swim Meets - Summer 2022 by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

AlexLF

My second studio session ... from May! I feel the need... the need for speed) Anyway...
Broncolor lighting is just perfect! I just need to master it) as my retouching skills!

pegelli

Continuing from post # 444 above

At the end of the Lower Little Harbour trail there's what's called a resettled comunity but probably better described as a deserted ghost village.

The Hamburger and Hot Dog joint

A "Root cellar", built to store and preserve food for the long winter

LR pano of 3 handheld photo's

The church (now private property and the door nailed close)

Later in the afternoon the fog and clouds rolled in again, but it didn't stop us from taking another short hike a little further north to French Beach.
Obviously the photo opportunities deminished a bit

French beach from above

A pano of French beach from below

LR pano of 7 handheld photo's

All A7ii + Tamron FE 28-200 Di III RXD