The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

L'église Saint-Chrysole, Comines, 2022

100s I Laowa shift 20/4

In 1925, the construction of a new church began, the previous one having been destroyed during the Great War. Reinforced concrete, an innovative material at that time, was used for its framework. The openwork parts of the 51 m bell tower are filled with sand bricks and blocks of different colors.

The neo-Byzantine style church, the work of architects Maurice Storez and Dom Bellot, was inaugurated on July 7, 1928 but was not fully completed until June 1929.

Last edited:

dchew

Just finished a crossing of the Drake Passage. Much harder coming back than going across. 8-10m seas.

I've begun processing a few images. Some will be here, some in the Technical camera thread because I got away with shooting on a tripod from the ship. More on that later. Here was one from when we exited Wilhelmina Bay. Probably my favorite stop on the trip.

Fuji 100s, 100-200mm.

Last edited:

P. Chong

The Majestic in Singapore. This theatre was a Cantonese opera house built in 1928 by philanthropist Eu Tong Sen for his wife who was a Cantonese opera fan. Designed by Singapore's oldest architectural firm of Swan & Maclaren. It is since redeveloped and now houses some commercial enterprises. The facade of the building is conserved by law. Alpa 12 STC with Rodenstock HR 4.0/40mm with Phase One IQ3 100 back. Back is shifted down about 10mm.

CF044426.jpg

Last edited:

Greg Haag

Just finished a crossing of the Drake Passage. Much harder coming back than going across. 8-10m seas.

I've begun processing a few images. Some will be here, some in the Technical camera thread because I got away with shooting on a tripod from the ship. More on that later. Here was one from when we exited Wilhelmina Bay. Probably my favorite stop on the trip.

Fuji 100s, 100-200mm.
Beautiful shot Dave, but it makes me queasy even thinking about being out in 8-10m seas!

dchew

Beautiful shot Dave, but it makes me queasy even thinking about being out in 8-10m seas!
Thank you, Greg. Well, it was quite calm going over, so at least The Drake broke us in easy. On the way back, there were 80 knot winds. Here is the ship; a lot of technology in the design that helps. The Resolution is a very stable ship that I highly recommend. Also a sister ship, the Endurance. 128 passengers.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.