The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikkor Z 26mm f/2.8 Photos and Discussions

Darin Marcus

Review posted by PhotographyLife: https://photographylife.com/reviews/nikon-z-26mm-f-2-8

Nikon had to make some compromises when designing this pancake lens - it is up to the photographer to decide if, when and how to use it.
I will use this lens mostly on the Z50, a DX camera, where the corner issues are diminished.

Nikon Z50, Nikkor Z 26mm f/2.8 (39mm equiv.), 1/1000, f/5.6, ISO 100 (Alexandria, Virginia, April 2023)

Last edited:

Darin Marcus

Impressive series!
Thank you!

Not much to add to what has been already said about this lens, both here and in other fora... very sharp, contrasty, and colorful photos with modern rendering - while using the Neutral Picture Control in camera, I still find myself dialing back the contrast and saturation a little in PP.

After reading the PhotographyLife review I try to shoot it at f/2.8 as much as possible :)

Weak corners on FF, but I am very happy with it on the Z50 - if I was more into street photography, I would definitely use this combo. It is small enough even with the hood on...