The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by 4season

1. 4season

Fun with Sony Cameras 2024

Sony A7R4 + 50/2 Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar
  2. 4season

3. 4season

Lunch at a local Chinese restaurant.
  4. 4season

I'm amusing myself with 2.39:1 aspect ratio. Top, typical side-street in Honolulu. There are still some Quonset huts in use. Below: Merchant Street in Honolulu made over to represent Belgrade for an upcoming episode of "NCIS". Entertaining to watch, as on cue, cars would drive down the streets...
  5. 4season

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Olympus Pen-F, Canon 50/3.5 FDn macro lens.
  6. 4season

Maybe a clichéd image, but I welcome the arrival of spring all the same. A7R4 + 50 mm Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar.
  7. 4season

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Nothing too serious: All shot with Lomography Konstruktor plastic DIY SLR and Harman's new Phoenix color negative film.
  8. 4season

Honolulu Museum gift shop.
  9. 4season

Changes coming

I used to enjoy the old Leica-Users mailing list. Originally there was no wiki, no archive, and no forum, just a Majordomo mailing list. And I preferred it that way, because content arriving in one's inbox was guaranteed fresh daily. Because while a wiki or never-expiring forum content can...
  10. 4season

Changes coming

GetDPI is already effectively paywalled, in the sense that premium content is offered to subscribers of Elements and Medium Format magazines. And the bulk of the free forums are built upon user-submitted content. The latter varies in quality, but the price can't be beat! There's always going to...
  11. 4season

Changes coming

My comments about r/photography were not about its content, which is super-generalized, but about how content is delivered. I speculate that a common problem with long-established fora is that stale content may receive equal weight as new posts, even if no one continues to get much value out of it.
  12. 4season

Changes coming

Reddit? They claim 5.3 M members for r/photography. I wonder if some critical differences versus more traditional forum setups, is that the former allows content to be upvoted, which can give the topics greater visibility. And conversely, posts can also be downvoted, and effectively buried...
  13. 4season

How does a view camera or technical camera, as compared to any other camera, help you to see/visualize?

I've owned 4x5 field cameras in the past, and have enjoyed them, even if I never accomplished anything of particular note. But the elemental simplicity and ease of manipulating perspective and depth of field still intrigue me. Inspired by an exhibition of Edward Weston's works, I've toyed with...
  14. 4season

Changes coming

Well, kudos to @olafphoto for wanting to try something, because I get the sense that traffic on this and pretty much every other photo-related site has shrunken to a fraction of what it was a decade ago. But ironically, I think the site has become more focused on creativity in unexpected ways...
  15. 4season

Changes coming

I wonder if the FF-and-smaller fora have suffered from being too brand-specific, whereas Medium Format is unified.