The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by adsf

1. A

A7RII game plan

I really like the backlit sensor thing (i could live without that sensor shaker. One thing that can have problems and decenter everything. Me not like). If the price is ok and it is available in my hands until August 25 i might get one. I will stick with my a7r lenses and might sell the "old" R
  2. A

Merrill alternative

I went from Merrill to A7R... Its a different thing. Nothing compares to merrill i guess. U have the benefits of higher isos and stuff but u will never get that "that" you have with the merrill.
  3. A

SIGMA SD1 shots

Thats common for merrill sensors. I always see some Lines anywhere.
  4. A

Sigma Quattro series - Enduring issues

to have more headroom in highlights. Of course you can just use 100 and set exposure compensation down a bit and shift the exposure slider a bit to get it brighter again. But i dont know if it is the same. never tried it. I just now that iso100 clips highlights sometimes.
  5. A

Sigma Quattro series - Enduring issues

Is it the same with iso200? Merrills had some issue at 100
  6. A

Foveon-Shooters and their other gear

On holidays i always carry dp2m and RicohGR. To be honest: I didnt use my DSLR for a VEEERY long time now. Aside from some pass-photos i took for family members.
  7. A

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

YES, YES, YES! But without any filtering stuff. Full spectrum. Filters can be added in front. I would totally buy that.
  8. A

Balancing foveon colour channels - which filter?

I tried a B+W KR3. It makes everything warmer which i like. Its not greenish anymore but still blotchy.
  9. A

DP-X Merrills Price went up

Could be that they dont get any new cameras i guess. Here in Germany there arent many online stores left that have the dp3m in stock for example.
  10. A

Any Lytro photos yet?

Lytro what? The little boxy thing or the one that looks like a camera?
  11. A

DP Merrill color Landscapes

Thats what i dont like about the merrills. The images look pretty dull sometimes. Like a layer of dust that is over it and makes it somehow dark looking without any hilights. I actually like the tonality of the first one but there is no real black in the image. The parts that should be black...
  12. A

First real review of the DPQ2

DOF?
  13. A

Photo Mechanic reads Merrill files?!

I guess its embedded jpg... And it cant do anything with the files?
  14. A

First real review of the DPQ2

But be careful: With a Merrill this point is a little bit different.
  15. A

Sigma Merrills and IR

I think it will not work well until you remove the ir-cut filter. dpMerrill are not exactly built for longer exposure...