The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Recent content by Ai_Print

1. Ai_Print

Anyone notice the prices of the 5xx series and CF/CFx lenses going up

Yep, well some of us make a living shooting, printing and selling images from film. The price increases hurt for sure, I just ordered 100 rolls of Kodak TMY2 in 120 for $9 a roll, it was $4.50 in 2015. Nothing holy grail about it, cost of doing business these days in many areas, not just film sir.
  2. Ai_Print

Anyone notice the prices of the 5xx series and CF/CFx lenses going up

I see clean used 501CM and 503CW standard kits going for as much as the 503CW kit went for new in it’s last year offered, sometimes more. Now that is plumb crazy.
  3. Ai_Print

Urgent, Hasselblad Flexbody needed!

I found one. I hope to get it as soon as Monday to Wednesday…
  4. Ai_Print

Urgent, Hasselblad Flexbody needed!

Hi, I am working on a project in the Faroe Islands and my Hasselblad Flexbody’s advance mechanism has failed. I have tried to get it working but a pin has sheared and I can’t do anything with it. Ideally I am looking for someone in Europe who can ship me one here in the islands, I will be here...
  5. Ai_Print

Best 100mm filter holders for landscape photography

Interesting, thanks for what looks like a hell of a lot of time and effort. I am using the Breakthrough stuff but only for graduated ND’s and it seems to work great for that. If I need to use a 6 or 10 stop ND, I have one that is Bay 60 for my Hasselblad lenses and then put the graduated ND...
  6. Ai_Print

907X--better for shooting manhole covers or people?

I have used the 907X occasionally with people and do a fair amount of fine art commissions with it and primarily own it to use the back with my V system. There is, unfortunately, an overabundance of rather uninspired examples from it that are what I call “Objectography” that really do not do the...
  7. Ai_Print

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Today marks two weeks in the Faroe Islands on my 8 week stay. Along with 10 rolls of 120 black and white film, I managed to snap a couple with the CFV-II 50C back today. This was with the CF 350mm 5.6 + 1.4XE converter. Since this 99% a film based trip, I am only using an 11“ iPad Pro so post...
  8. Ai_Print

The great tripod & head thread!

I have quite a tripod museum at home but I gotta say I am loving my new Gitzo Traveler GT2545T with the add ons of short spike and long spike feet in the Faroe Islands. I only brought one of the long spikes with me and created an anchor system for working on steep slopes in windy conditions. I...
  9. Ai_Print

Hasselblad 28 Sept 2021 "Beyond Classic"

Yep, just gotta ignore the multi-paragraph brow beatings that usually follow it. I think it is a cool camera for those who were on the fence, I am set with my regular flavored one. Coming to you from the Faroe Islands where I am using my 907X, Flexbody, 501CM, a bunch of lenses, M10P / 35mm...
  10. Ai_Print

WTB: Hasselblad 120mm F4 Makro Planar

I found a lens, thanks everyone!
  11. Ai_Print

WTB: Hasselblad 120mm F4 Makro Planar

Hi, I am looking for a good clean Hasselblad 120mm F4 Makro Planar V system lens. PM me if you have one to offer. Ai
  12. Ai_Print

Costa Rica, 907X / 45P:
  13. Ai_Print

Happy Earth Day! Taken this afternoon with the CFVII 50C, Hasselblad Flexbody, 100mm CFI @ F/11, 10 stop ND filter, ISO 100, 81 seconds...
  14. Ai_Print

My overseas assignment is almost over, 907X-CFVII 50C / 45P did fantastic, totally reliable and I never had to pull out my Z7II backup. But I really do have to send in the 907X part in to Hasselblad ASAP as the adjustment knob really needs to be brought into spec, it just gets so sticky that it...
  15. Ai_Print

I figured as much, maybe they will address this at some point with a FW update that way I can have raw files go to the 512GB card and the jpegs to the 256GGB since 1:1 they take up far less room. On another note I am finding my dial around the shutter button to be a bit sticky when trying to...