The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by ajayc

1. A

Fun with MF images 2023

I have been traveling extensively, since an unplanned "involuntary sabbatical", and GetDPI has been one of those forums that has helped preserve my sanity.. Some straggler photos I wondered if worthy of posting or not.. Any how here they are.. X2D + various lenses.. Newport Beach, CA sunset...
  2. A

Fun with MF images 2023

Zurich is my second home, besides my actual home in California (and spiritual home in the Japanese country side). Thank you so much for sharing.
  3. A

Fun with MF images 2023

A few more the beach (Newport Beach, CA) and the last one, an intimate scene of the terraces at Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Nat'l Park. X2D + XCD55/XCD28
  4. A

Fun with MF images 2023

A couple from the beach this evening (Southern California). X2D and XCD28/XCD55.
  5. A

Fun with MF images 2023

A quick weekend trip to Yellowstone National Park (in the states of Wyoming, Montana USA)
  6. A

Fun with MF images 2023

Went on a whim to the Eastern Sierra.. on a very long “day trip” from SoCal.. I wanted to shoot the south tufa at Mono Lake but the sun(set) had its own plans. When life handles lemons, you make lemon tart? The image below is looking away from the lake towards the sierra range. X2d + x55v...
  7. A

Fun with MF images 2023

x2d + x55v on a beautiful late summer day.. I was visiting with my family and happened to be at the Boise Balloon Festival..
  8. A

Fun with MF images 2023

x2d + xcd55v x2d + xcd28p
  9. A

Hasselblad XCD 28P

xcd28p + x2d
  10. A

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Processed the images through LRC (except the first one) and there is no lens profile correction support yet.
  11. A

Hasselblad XCD 28P

I find the IQ and colors very pleasing similar to the XCD 55mm. The autofocus speed seems to be a bit faster than the XCD 55mm. I previously had the xcd 45p and the 28p feels similar to that lens. XCD 4/28P by ajay.c, on Flickr xcd 4/28p by ajay.c, on Flickr xcd 4/28p by ajay.c, on Flickr...
  12. A

Fun with MF images 2022

Thank you, Pieter 🙏. I was hoping to avoid PS and was wondering if there were secrets (or plugins) and do it all in Lightroom. I didn't pick up a camera in the last 5 years or so and slowly remembering my LR (and reluctantly PS) skills.
  13. A

Fun with MF images 2022

Walt Disney Concert Hall (X2D and XCD 55V)
  14. A

Fun with MF images 2022

X2D + XCD 55V. Stunning sharpness and IQ. Anyone suggest good ways to sharpen for the web (I primarily use Lightroom Classic).