The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by anthonysemone

1. A

Nikkor 58mm f1.4 - 1st hands on views

I lucked out and got a virtually BNIB 50/1.2 Ai-S from a gentleman over on FM. Can't wait to get the first shots back from using it with my F4 :) $520 shipped, full insurance and PP fees. :) :) :)
  2. A

Digital Nikon FM2

Hmmm, where was that FM3a I saw FS :)
  3. A

FS: Canon 5D Mark III New in the Box

Tony, I'm always a day late and a dollar short :D :D Even refurbs on Canon Direct aren't going at this good a price when taxes get figured in. GLWS tony
  4. A

Leica M to Fuji X

+1 on the options, Chuck. I've decided just to save up for the Fuji 18; at a 450$ price advantage compared to the Touit 12, with my eyes, I doubt I'd ever see the difference that amount of money might make. :D
  5. A

Leica M to Fuji X

chuck, sorry for the long delay in responding to your detailed response. I'm pleased to hear that the 14/2.8 is giving you such good results. I've been looking carefully at that one and I reckon that its price point, it'll be a really good alternative. I too enjoy shooting wide, so I think I'll...
  6. A

Leica M to Fuji X

thanks very much for your comprehensive feedback. Sure is helpful not having to start from scratch :)
  7. A

Leica M to Fuji X

Just got an X-E1 and the Fuji M to X adapter. I really like shooting with lenses in FF equivalent of 28 to 50. I don't know squat about Leica lenses, other than that most of them are priced waaaayyyyy beyond my paygrade :D What would you all recommend as a first, reasonably priced option for an...
  8. A

FRAUD Alert!

There has been a spate of scammers attempting to rip off folks on Fred Miranda. It behooves us all to check across multiple sites, as well as to introduce our own efforts to whack these horses' back ends :D , e.g., by posting a WTB ad to suck 'em in. :) :)
  9. A

Capture One Support (or Lack of) for X100S

works on LR 5 and Aperture 3.4.4, at least for me, John. Files on LR 5 take woefully long to import compared with Aperture.
  10. A

KEH is going down hill

well, I reckon somedays you have times like that...
  11. A

KEH is going down hill

could you have requested that FedEx reassign delivery to a Service Center? I have done that on deliveries not only from KEH but from other folks as well? Could you have told KEH upfront that you were not likely to be in place where you could sign for the package? Just askin....
  12. A

The Free Ride (such as it was) has ended

The Sales Tax added to my order is indeed an interaction among the new sales cart templates Adorama is using coupled with OSX 10.8.3 and, most important, Safari 6.0.3. I launched Google Chrome, placed the order, and no Sales Tax was logged. Adorama IT confirmed the glitch, and Helen Oster and...
  13. A

Hi Joe, it appears to be a software glitch. Helen Oster is still tracking it down. Yes, I was not surprised to see Amazon doing it. I was however quite surprised to see that Lens Rentals has begun recently to do it.
  14. A

Helen Oster, the Adorama ombudsman who has an seriously helpful presence on FM suggests it may be a software glitch, asserting that the charge is incorrect and that she's having their IT department check it out this AM