The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Antonio Chagin
Featured content
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Good evening Antonio,
    Nikon makes many superb lenses for macro/micro work.
    I once had the privilege of speaking with Ansel Adams about enarging lenses and he told me he was using a special gift set of APO-Nikkor Process lenses for his enlarging of 8x10 and larger sized negatives.
    They were the finest set of enlarging lenses he had ever used.
    I also have the Nikkor AM 210mm F5.6 which is also superb. I guess it is too long to use with the D800. It was amazing on 4x5.
    Thanks very much for your suggestions. I love your work.
    Mike
    Antonio,

The Bodie car shot was actually shot with LENR turned off. The reason for that was that I was light painting and shooting 4mins at ISO 200 and so didn't really need it. I turn it on when I shoot star points (1/10s or less at ISO 800/1600) but not for the low ISO shots where I don't want to wait for the long dark frame afterwards

Regards

Graham
    Hi Antonio - sorry I did not see your message, I think this would be a great combination. The pentax lenses are very good !
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…