The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Bill Caulfeild-Browne

1. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with MF images 2021

Incoming storm, Lake Huron. XF/IQ4/55mm.
  2. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Using lens hoods for digital lenses on a technical camera

I have a Sensei screw-in shade for my XT 70 mm which allows full movement on the X axis or the Y axis - but I haven't tried it on both rise/fall and shift.
  3. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with MF images 2021

Tom, this was taken a couple of years ago - with our lock-down I'm reduced to showing "old" files. I'd love for you to come and visit when things open up! Thanks for your kind comment - I'll see if I can find others from that trip. Bill
  4. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with MF images 2021

The Black Hills, SD. XF/IQ/150mm
  5. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Focus stacking or hyperfocal in landscapes with tech cam

I know I've said this before, but I defy anyone to see a difference between F8 and F16/F22 in a print. Diffraction can be seen on screen if you look hard enough, but I've yet to find an inkjet printer that can show the difference.
  6. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with MF images 2021

XT/IQ4/70mm. I knew there was a lighthouse somewhere here!
  7. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with MF images 2021

IQ3 100, XF, 28 mm. Ontario's Provincial flower, the Trillium.
  8. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Another from Newfoundland, near Port aux Basques. Fall 2001. Rollei 6008, 80 mm, Velvia.
  9. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Tizzard's Harbour Newfoundland back in 2001. The house no longer exists. Rollei 6008, 80 mm, Velvia.
  10. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Be Careful with Your Digital Backs!!

So sorry, Darr. I feel your pain, having had a P45 back fall off my camera into 2 feet of water - on the very first day of a month-long trip. Since then I've become paranoid, removing the back only when sitting down and not multitasking. I look forward to more of your beautiful work when you're...
  11. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fun with MF images 2021

Georgian Bay a few years ago. we rarely get ice thick enough to last long any more. P45/28mm.
  12. Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Worried about lack of tilt... Phase One XT vs. Arca RM3dii

Great input from everybody. If I had already owned a tech camera, I doubt I'd have switched to the XT, simply on financial grounds. My photography would not have been any better for a large amount of extra money spent. The only other comment I'll make about the XT is that I find myself taking...