The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by citizin

1. citizin

Tethering old Hasselblad CF back with Macbook pro, any idea how?

Another option is to find an older macbook pro with FireWire and use it as a dedicated tether device. I have an early 2011 13" MBP and it's a perfect for it.
  2. citizin

HX701 or HX705 plate for RZ67II

Best of luck. I'm been keeping an eye out for one for years. It's getting cheap enough to get an older phase back for AFD + adapter than this adapter.
  3. citizin

Fun with MF images 2021

Americana in Canada
  4. citizin

What's Hasselblad Been Up To?

A company will have to release a Phase One phone first. :)
  5. citizin

What's Hasselblad Been Up To?

Hopefully that means they'll also port Phocus to Android. If they can afford it.
  6. citizin

ISO recomendation studio light for MF

We have Bowens Gemini 500's in our studio. Picked up a used set of 3 for about $400 Cad. Through a soft-box that's roughly arm's length to subject at full power will give me f/11 @ 50 iso. It has a 200w modelling light that the Hasselblad H has no issue using for autofocus.
  7. citizin

Use another H5-Body with H5D60 Back

You can re-cal the back manually with the right hex wrench and patience. It will however be out of cal with the older body. you can also re-cal the body too, I haven't done it in a while, but I think it's the same hex wrench too.
  8. citizin

Perhaps a silly question...but one regarding the Hasselblad 2900 mAh battery on the H3D body

The <$10 Hasselblad H charger is a success for now! No Phase one chargers needed. :P Parts list below. Untrustworthy Charger Correct Barrel Tip A bit of soldering to join them. Black = negative = outside. The Chargers can be had for under $5 if you don't mind waiting weeks and ordering...
  9. citizin

Perhaps a silly question...but one regarding the Hasselblad 2900 mAh battery on the H3D body

Yeah, they're the 18five's. Here's the ones I ordered. Rated for just over 2000mah https://www.orbtronic.com/18500-battery-li-ion-panasonic-flat-top
  10. citizin

I was able to put a pair of Panasonic 18600's in my older packs instead of the older flat cells. It's been about a year and they're still holding up strong.
  11. citizin

That's true! I'm tinkering with recreating it with cheaper parts. I've got the a/c parts all ready to go, I just keep ordering the wrong barrel jacks from digikey. Third times the charm! I'll make a post once I figure it all out.
  12. citizin

Hasselblad: Phocus Or Lightroom

Is there a spot to get or a way to make a Hasselblad "Camera Profile" for Lightroom?
  13. citizin

Hasselblad Phocus and MacOS 11 Big Sur

If you're thinking about upgrading out the iMac I'd suggest not to. I have two older macbook pros with fw800 that I keep around for the sole purpose of tethering. 1. 2013 13" i5 with macOS downgraded to OSX 10.10.5 with Phocus 3.1.5 (latest version supported by 10.10.5.) It's the very...
  14. citizin

It's the h4d-40. I'll link a jpeg from a direct raw. https://photos.app.goo.gl/sd4EMAM4oH5gJtxh6

It's the h4d-40. I'll link a jpeg from a direct raw. https://photos.app.goo.gl/sd4EMAM4oH5gJtxh6