The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Dave_Anderson

1. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Thanks Mikal. No way a mile track would fit on this property, the terrain is far too rugged. :) The bikes and birds were all shot with the 70-400G on a900. Cooler, love the head-on shot of the car hood!
  2. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ It's hard to believe I last posted here in Nov. 2011, at that time feeling bad over a three month hiatus. :D jcoffin, congrats on adding a son to the family! Must be over a year old by now. No need to be objective there... You've a right to be proud! Bill, I love the...
  3. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Thank You! :D Thanks for the nice words, but I'm afraid you're going to have to try a bit harder to get me to part with My Precioussss... :ROTFL:
  4. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ During the month of October I was engaged in the one-prime challenge the Pegelli mentioned, the prime I chose was a bit tough to work with though -- the Minolta 12.5 f/2 Micro Bellows lens. Here are some of the shots that I like the most from the month. As you can tell...
  5. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Sept. 24 & 25th was spent camping in the redwoods... HDR: Sadly, we didn't get around to seeing the biggest trees in the park...
  6. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ On Sept. 17 I was back at Laguna Seca for the running of the American LeMans, this time with my best and oldest friend (since highschool) David -- and found the booth babes quite willing to pose: Can-Am car on display but not part of the main event: A little...
  7. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Wow, has it really been three months since I posted here? :p I've been so busy it seems like a short time but there are so many fantastic photos above that I just don't have time to comment individually. just the photos since my last post make an incredible set... well...
  8. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Thanks! Yes, the EXIF is annoying. The ebay source could not program over 1000mm and couldn't get the aperture right. By the time I found out, the adapter had already been converted from M42 to T-mount and couldn't be returned. :mad: Anyway, here is what the 100mm macro...
  9. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Thanks Bill, not sure why I didn't see your comments earlier. Here's one that won't win any awards for sharpness, but it's a shot I've been trying to get for a while... more details below. Moon rising behind James Lick Observatory, which sits on the peak of Mount...
  10. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Playing with the Minolta 1x-3x Macro. Ant at 3x, lit with ringflash(3 tubes of 4 active) 45mm, 1/200 at f/64 Cropped to about 1/3 frame South Fork of Yuba River, at Highway 49, Nevada City, Ca. 16-35Z @ 18mm, 1sec. f/22 ISO 160
  11. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Thanks Scooter! I stitched half-size TIFFs, 3024 on the long side(about 36MB each). Took a couple of hours, also my stitching software got a bit confused on the clear sky so I had to go in and muck with it a bit. :D
  12. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ This is a composite multi-row panorama from 86 images shot at 135mm f/1.8. It's my first real attempt at the "Brenizer Method" of getting impossibly narrow DOF. Effective DOF is that of a 21mm f/0.28 lens. This would work better with a closer object. There are also...
  13. D

A900. Your Best Set Of Lenses

Hopefully your idea of mothballing includes storing with fully-charged batteries that you swap for fresh ones periodically... otherwise you'll run down the internal lithium cell that keeps the clock running and remembers your settings. That internal battery is not user-replaceable...
  14. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Been away for a bit... I especially like the bear, Simon's first image in post #813, the portraits in the following two posts, John's "rock face" in the garden, Ed's flowers, and the Vaxwing, but these are all nice photos. Thanks for sharing! Here is a small sampling of...
  15. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Thanks Ed, that did the trick! :toocool: