The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by dj may

1. dj may

Behind the scenes

What are you using to connect the two rails?
  2. dj may

Fun with MF images 2022

No filters. It was a gray day. A lot of burning and dodging with luminance masking. I hope this answers your question. (I may have used a polarizer to cut glare)
  3. dj may

Fun with MF images 2022

Is this question to me?
  4. dj may

Fun with MF images 2022

Approaching storm Graubuenden, Switzerland Leica S3, APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120
  5. dj may

Behind the scenes

Behind the scenes with my lovely assistant. Leica S3, APO Macro Summarit-S 120
  6. dj may

When to use matte paper??

If I make an inkjet print it is almost always matt. If I make a photographic print it is always glossy.
  7. dj may

Fun with MF images 2022

You are welcome.
  8. dj may

Fun with MF images 2022

Phase Two of the "Transitions" project. Leica S3, APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120
  9. dj may

The great tripod & head thread!

I never used Ries, however, I know several people that are very happy with it. I have used Berlebach for a long time and it is totally reliable and simple. I have used two Gitzos; now using GT5543XLS. Again, totally reliable and simple to use. I am very happy that I bought the XLS, which can...
  10. dj may

The great tripod & head thread!

Update on my new Gitzo GT5543XLS with Arca Swiss Core 75 Leveler. So far, all my expectations have been met. The tripod is as stable as my Berlebach, with the added benefit of much greater height. This is what motivated me to buy it. I have yet to do a long exposure on a vibrating bridge, for...
  11. dj may

Medium Format Ultralight Hiking Kit

I have no suggestions other than a tripod with less height that would weigh less and still be stable. I feel your dilemma. I carry what I have because I am able. It could happen to any of us that the physical capability be diminished. My brother had a back injury just before we did a trip...
  12. dj may

Fun with MF images 2022

I will be playing bass with Swan Big Band in Rotkreuz, Switzerland May 14, 2022. Please join us if you are in the area. Details at https://www.ticketino.com/en/Event/Konzertanter-Big-Band-Swing/160920 Self-portrait 😉 Leica S3, APO-Macro-Summarit-S120
  13. dj may

Yellow, the most difficult color to render ???

It could be that yellow is overexposed. If possible try an exposure that is .5 and 1 stop less than what the light meter tells you. Additionally, as you well know, any change in your image editing affects how different hues are perceived. This means all your editing will be iterative with...
  14. dj may

Professor Grayson ad-libs an explanation of tilt and shift

Well done. One thousand words make a picture 😉