The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by Doc Wing

1. D

Fun With the Leica CL

Re: Capture One 11.1 now has CL (and TL2 and some others) profiles How do you like using C1 with Leica CL? Is it an improvement over Lightroom?
  2. D

Fun With the Leica CL

I am a Bills fan that has felt the 17 year drought of the Bills not being in a playoff. So, last week I flew to Jacksonville from Rochester for the Bills/Jaguars game. As you can imagine, the Bills fans are rabid. Word has it that approximately 30% of the fans in attendance at the game, were...
  3. D

Fun With the Leica CL

Hi Folks, We've seen Jono's great shots and loved them. Now, let's get this show started and post photos from others too!! Here are 4 photos taken with it. The first two were taken today in cloudy and very cold Rochester with the TL 35mm f1.4. The other two were taken at the Bow Bridge in...
  4. D

Sony's new camera A9

let's get some pics up. I live in Rochester, New York where we have had major rain this year. This past weekend, we went to Charlotte, the northern part of the City and the pier is almost submerged; the water is about 2-3 feet above its usual spot. Yikes! Taken with a Sony a9 Here you go!
  5. D

leica sl and adobe lightroom

I am in Rochester, NY. I have found that the colors on Apple Photis are more natural than on Lightroom. I process there first, then export to Bridge and finish by using Lightroom to recover highlights, shadows and to desaturate oranges in portraits. I find this workflow works best on Leica files.
  6. D

Capture One now supports Leica SL!

I have started trying Apple Photos with MacPhun's creative suites and really like it. The colors are great and with MacPhun, it's like using Apple Aperture, which I loved, again. Best
  7. D

Capture One now supports Leica SL!

So, to your eyes is the color reproduction better or worse than Lightroom?
  8. D

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

​I just borrowed the Leica T23mm lens from a friend that owns the Leica T. I took it to downtown Rochester and took a few pics with it on the Leica SL. To compare, I shot the same pics with my beloved MATE Tri-Elmar also. The images were virtually indistinguishable on the computer. ​I then...
  9. D

Godfrey, That is great to know. Does it also have lens correction, like Lightroom, or is that a thing of the past for Aperture? Doc Wing
  10. D

I thought Aperture was dead as Apple was doing no more upgrading to add calibration for raw files for new cameras. I ask as I love Aperture but have moved to Lightroom reluctantly. Best,
  11. D

Hi Jono, Loved these two shots. I will be using the camera, once I get it on Thursday, mainly with M lenses but if I was going to get a zoom lens, I would want something small like this lens. How does it compare with the giant SL 24-90? Worth getting or better to switch m lenses for...
  12. D

Fun with the Leica Q

Nice work! Here are a few from Portugal that I hope you all enjoy. The first is of a beach in Figeira Do Paz The second is of a magical eve of music at a wonderful restaurant in Coimbra. The third is of a lovely home in Obidos. [/ATTACH]
  13. D

Fun with the Leica Q

Great pics Here are a few from the weekend. All were taken at Stoney Brook State Park in the Dansville are. OPEN TO FEEDBACK AND CRITICISM